TL-MR6400: LTE connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 17:58:49
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.20 Build 200619 RC.53475n

Hello team,

my TL-MR6400 is providing a Wifi signal and is connected with a SIM card over LTE, but there is no internet connection.

I followed this troubleshooting guide (https://www.tp-link.com/de/support/faq/2842/) but it didn't solve my problem. Could you please assist?

My troubleshooting

The IP address is not 0.0.0.0, which means I'm connected with my carrier:

Unstable 3G/4G network? I inserted my SIM card in my phone in the same place and it is working fine, so no.

DNS problem?

I changed the DNS server to 1.1.1. and 8.8.8.8 and this didn't help. But when I check on the option page status it still states a different IP for DNS server (see first screenshot). Maybe this is the issue?

Further testing

I tried to ping and trace different IPs and hosts but none is working. So definitely not just a slow connection but no connection.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanking you in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400: LTE connected but no internet
2022-02-12 09:31:31

@Moritz13513 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply you late. 

If you insert SD card into your mobile phone, can you access internet?

Besides, please change primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and see if it helps. 

Options
Re:TL-MR6400: LTE connected but no internet
2022-07-08 14:31:47 - last edited 2022-07-08 14:45:09

Hi

I also have the same problem,
but for me it's like not permanent like sometimes it's can browse but sometimes it can't and sometimes it only can open google site.

I've to do reboot but won't help. but it helps when I try to do factory reset then it looks normal again. one thing I may notice is when I start using multiple device connected and this is happens, connected but no internet.

I also try change primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 but its looks like the DNS is not change, because in the internet status I still see the DNS from my card provider.

maybe need a firmware update?

EDIT: another weird things maybe I need to mention is when I using VPN on my device, the connection is normal, so DNS problem maybe?

Regards,

Dridss

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2993

Replies: 2

Related Articles