Connection unstable but I cant figure out why

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 20:39:34
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

first off im sorry I'm not really familiar with home networking, ill just try to explain everything as best as I can.

I am using a TP-Link Archer AX-10 Router in my living room, that is connected to my modem.

Additionally I am using a RE-550 Repeater that uses OneMesh to connect to the router.

Now the network works flawlessly on my mobile devices and delivers my usual internet connection of 150/50 Mbits/s in every room of the house.

However on my PC the connection is very unstable, I can't watch livestreams or do online gaming without constant buffering, to use Wi-Fi on my PC I use the TP-Link Archer T3U AC1300 Adapter that connects to the RE-550 Repeater. The adapter does work well sometimes though. I tried installing the driver for the T3U, but it says "Unable to find your adapter", even though I have tried plugging it into several USB-Ports on my PC.

The weird thing is that even when the Wi-Fi from the Repeater doesn't work on my PC, but does on my Phone, the Internet does work on my PC when I connect it to my mobile hotspot.

I have updated every firmware, except for the Wi-Fi Adapter and am really unsure where the problem lies.

Thanks for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection unstable but I cant figure out why
2022-02-11 12:15:04

Hello @aFineBalance 

If Archer T3U adapter does not work stably with mesh network, please try chipset driver here in this post: 

[Troubleshooting] How to Fix High Ping when Using Wireless Adapter?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Related Articles