RE650 range extender often crashes Technicolor TG789vac v3 NBN router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 05:25:31
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Installed a new RE650 v2 range extender a couple days ago and when it is working it is working well. But now randomly the NBN router crashes and of cause no internet at all. The only fix is to power cycle the NBN router. The NBN router has been working fine for months previously and only started to require a power cycle once the extender was installed. Basically the RE650 is causing the Technicolor TG789vac v3 NBN router to crash intermittently, several times a day. Is there a solution?

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE650 range extender often crashes Technicolor TG789vac v3 NBN router
2022-02-04 03:57:50

@Dail Have you tried updating the firmware on both? if yes tell me .... another option is to post here the log of both when the error happens ... could you?

Options
2022-02-04 05:37:59

@Andrsouzaaa 

Thanks for the reply.

Have been in touch with TP-link support who suggested

"Change the 2.4GHz's channel to either 1, 6 or 11 and 20MHz
Change the 5GHz's channel to either 36, 44 or 153 then set it to 20MHz too.

Once adjusted, power cycle the router and range extender and observe them together for a day.
Make sure that the SSID of the router and the SSID of the range extender is different from each other. "

But that didn't fix it and now assigned to a senior engineer.

Firmware is the latest on both. Have discovered that the modem/router had a log message for a warm reboot due to a crash, all the rest prior to that was the usual start up messages, see attached. Power cycle of the modem/router not required, just have to wait about 2 minutes for the wifi to come up and a further 2 minutes for the modem to resync. Then all back to normal. 

File:
log (1).txtDownload
Options
2022-02-04 06:51:39

@Dail thanks ... @Solla-topee could you evaluate this log? I found some peculiar errors, there really is something wrong .... I hope you help us in solving this case .

Options
2022-02-07 16:03:04

@Dail 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community. 

Currently we don't have sufficient clue to make sure the no internet issue of NBN router is caused by the extender. 

Please unplug the extender from the wall outlet/ power extension for some time and see if NBN router have the issue again. 

If the issue occurs again, that means it is NBN router's issue, then it is suggested to contact ISP to solve the issue. 

If issue never happens again, please feedback to me, then I will consult senior engineer and pass log to them. 

Options