Range Extender has improved download speed but has reduced upload speed to unusable levels.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Extender has improved download speed but has reduced upload speed to unusable levels.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-02 13:57:12
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I have recently purchased the WiFi Range Extender RE650. In most normal use it is better than my previous solution but it has a major flaw. My upload speed whilst I am connected to the Extender is extremely low then even if I connect it straight to my router on the weak long distance connection. Is this extender known for having bad upload speeds or is my device not functioning correctly? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender has improved download speed but has reduced upload speed to unusable levels.
2022-02-15 11:52:42

Hello   @anger_master 

Thank you for your feedback. 

To help isolate the issue, please check how much upload speed coming from router at RE's location? (try to unplug RE and test the received Wi-Fi speed at extender's location)

Please share the photo of 1)  the router & range extender speed test result  

2) Wi-Fi link speed on the devices connected to router & range extender's Wi-Fi 

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Note for dual-band  range extender, please try to test 5Ghz Wi-Fi band which is faster than 2.4Ghz. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles