Change broadband username and password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-04 22:19:30 - last edited 2022-02-08 08:43:40
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Hi All,

In preparation for an upcoming provider change I'm making sure that I can change my broadband username and password.  I thought I'd start to look into it now instead of leaving it until the day of the changeover.  

I've looked in the app but can't find where to do it.

I remember the app asking me for these when I first set it up but haven't needed to change it until now.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Neil

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Change broadband username and password-Solution
2022-02-08 08:42:22 - last edited 2022-02-08 08:43:40

@NeilHoop 

It is under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4>PPPoE.

After clicking it here, you are able to change the broadband username and password.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-24 22:02:07 - last edited 2022-02-24 22:02:30

David-TP wrote

@NeilHoop 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

It seemed the log has been merged to the previous support ticket.

After checking with the engineers, are you able to delete the current Deco APP and download/ install once again?

PS: deleting the APP will not affect the previous configuration of Deco.

If you used android OS, a few days ago, a New APP version 2.11.9 has been released and please make sure you have updated to the latest version.

Thank you again.

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you for your reply.

As my broadband provider changed yesterday and without any further information I was left with no choice but to create a new network. 

The problem is that there appears to be no way to access a Deco configuration unless the Deco / modem can establish an internet connection. 

This clearly wasn't possible as my provider had changed so my modem couldn't connect. Thus even if I was able to change my username and password I wouldn't be able to get to the configuration because of no internet connection unless you can tell me otherwise ?

It seems strange to me that there is no way to make a backup of a configuration and be able to restore if the Deco needs to be reset which I have had to do on more than one occasion.

To give some background information, I have a total of six Decos all linked by ethernet.  I don't have a big house but due to its construction the wi-fi coverage is terrible but when the system is up and running it's faultess which, of course, is great.

Also in my configuration I have 26 port forwards set up, not a thing everybody has.

I also have 35 (Alexas, phones, Sky boxes, consoles, printers, tablets) devices normally connected at any one time which I had all named properly in the network overview some of which are set as high priority and also have some with IP address reservations setup.

On top of that there are the Parental Control settings to do, creating profiles, setting time limits etc.

So for me to have to set up a new network, link five Decos back in and set up my port forwarding and do all of the above is not a five minute job.

Maybe my setup isn't "run of the mill" but I really don't understand why such a feature rich product does not have any way to recover from problems.

As a matter of interest my App updated 2 days ago Tuesday the 22nd and that evening I still couldn't change the username and password.

When I setup the new network I checked that I could change it and all was well but I've just checked again now and I can't again !!!

I have taken your advice and installed the App and reinstalled and I can change it again.

I think I now know why and I believe that I have found a bug with the App, is there a place to report this ?

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
2022-02-08 08:42:22 - last edited 2022-02-08 08:43:40

@NeilHoop 

After clicking it here, you are able to change the broadband username and password.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Change broadband username and password
2022-02-10 21:53:51

TP-Link wrote

@NeilHoop 

That's where I first looked but when I get to that screen everything is greyed out except Ignore Ping from WAN which I can turn on and off and Internet Connection Type which is shown as PPPoE and is blue but when I click / tap on it nothing happens.

There is a message at the bottom of the screen which reads:

Note: To configure the IPv4 settings, connect your device to the Deco Wi-Fi network first and then reopen the Deco app.

I am connected to the Deco Wi-Fi network, it's the only one I've got.

I have tried this on three different phones and all give the same result.

I am the owner of the network and no other users have been set up.

I'm stumped.

- Neil

Options
2022-02-11 05:50:54

@NeilHoop 

Hi, may I know when did this issue start, like after a firmware upgrade or OS update?

Are you able to turn on the airplane mode on the smartphone again?

Please also sign out the Deco APP and sign in again to have a look.

If you still have the same issue, please go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log, then send the feedback to me.(Please leave me a message if you sent the email.)

I tested on my phone and if I am on the 4G mobile date, the “ignore ping from WAN” and internet connection type are both grey out.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-02-11 21:17:47

TP-Link wrote

@NeilHoop 

Hi, may I know when did this issue start, like after a firmware upgrade or OS update?

Are you able to turn on the airplane mode on the smartphone again?

Please also sign out the Deco APP and sign in again to have a look.

If you still have the same issue, please go to Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions and add the APP log, then send the feedback to me.(Please leave me a message if you sent the email.)

I tested on my phone and if I am on the 4G mobile date, the “ignore ping from WAN” and internet connection type are both grey out.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

@TP-Link 

I don't know when this issue started as I've never had to do this before.

Airplane mode can be turned on and off with problems.

I've signed out and back in several times and on three different phones.

The email has been sent referencing this topic.

Options
2022-02-23 17:18:15

@NeilHoop Well, after sending the email with my log and nobody coming back to me (from TP Link) the day has come that I wasn't able to change the username and password, the provider has been changed so now I can't access my Deco to retrieve all my settings unless anyone knows how I can do this ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
2022-02-24 07:44:21

@NeilHoop 

After checking with the engineers, are you able to delete the current Deco APP and download/ install once again?

If you used android OS, a few days ago, a New APP version 2.11.9 has been released and please make sure you have updated to the latest version.

Thank you again.

Options
2022-02-24 22:02:07 - last edited 2022-02-24 22:02:30

David-TP wrote

@NeilHoop 

Thank you again.

@David-TP 

Hi David, thank you for your reply.

As my broadband provider changed yesterday and without any further information I was left with no choice but to create a new network. 

The problem is that there appears to be no way to access a Deco configuration unless the Deco / modem can establish an internet connection. 

This clearly wasn't possible as my provider had changed so my modem couldn't connect. Thus even if I was able to change my username and password I wouldn't be able to get to the configuration because of no internet connection unless you can tell me otherwise ?

It seems strange to me that there is no way to make a backup of a configuration and be able to restore if the Deco needs to be reset which I have had to do on more than one occasion.

To give some background information, I have a total of six Decos all linked by ethernet.  I don't have a big house but due to its construction the wi-fi coverage is terrible but when the system is up and running it's faultess which, of course, is great.

Also in my configuration I have 26 port forwards set up, not a thing everybody has.

I also have 35 (Alexas, phones, Sky boxes, consoles, printers, tablets) devices normally connected at any one time which I had all named properly in the network overview some of which are set as high priority and also have some with IP address reservations setup.

On top of that there are the Parental Control settings to do, creating profiles, setting time limits etc.

So for me to have to set up a new network, link five Decos back in and set up my port forwarding and do all of the above is not a five minute job.

Maybe my setup isn't "run of the mill" but I really don't understand why such a feature rich product does not have any way to recover from problems.

As a matter of interest my App updated 2 days ago Tuesday the 22nd and that evening I still couldn't change the username and password.

When I setup the new network I checked that I could change it and all was well but I've just checked again now and I can't again !!!

I have taken your advice and installed the App and reinstalled and I can change it again.

I think I now know why and I believe that I have found a bug with the App, is there a place to report this ?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 606

Replies: 7

Related Articles