One of my M9 loses connection randomly and sometimes every few minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 14:14:37
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 20210126 Rel. 62679

In my setup I have 3 M9's and 2 M5's. 

Main Deco (M9) is near the router (Fritzbox 7590). On the 2nd floor I have an M5 and on the topfloor an M9. In the living room (first floor also an M9) and on the 2nd floor in one of the guestrooms another M5).

The M9 on the third floor is constantly losing connection with the other(s). 
First I had the M5 on the 3rd floor and the M9 on the second floor, but then the one on fhe 3rd floor constantly had as base the one on the 1st floor (near the router). Didn't make sense. Switched them and then connection was as expected. To figure out this morning the one on the 3rd floor had as base the one on the 1st floor. After rebooting it a couple of times it now has the M5 on the 2nd floor as base, but still constantly losing connection. 

It's kinda getting annoying as it's not workable as I have a desktop without wifi connected to it.

Options
3 Reply
Re:One of my M9 loses connection randomly and sometimes every few minutes
2022-02-08 06:33:44

@DikkieDick 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Will you see the 3rd floor M9 turned red when it lost internet connection from the others?

How often would it lose the connection?

I noticed that your Deco M5 has been updated to 1.6.0. In this way, were you able to switch the M9 on the 3rd floor with the Deco M5 in the guestroom on the 2nd floor?

So later if M5 on the guestroom is trying to connect to the main M9, you could manually change the signal source to be M5 on the 2nd floor.

Options
2022-02-08 07:21:10

@TP-Link 

It won't turn soid red but more like a blinking red. I notice that the connection will fail when I'm typing/scrolling in a window when the light is still solid green. Screen seems already stuck and then the led starts flashing. And after about 15 seconds it's back to green.

I got a direct message from 'you' and installed 1.6.0-beta on the M5 and moved the M9 plus from the 3rd to the 2nd and the M5 from the 2nd to the 3rd floor. I'll have to see how it will go. At the moment, after working for almost an hour, it seems to be doing fine.

Options
2022-02-09 09:43:18

@DikkieDick Do not harbor false hopes.

They write to the forum, that they have 1.6.0 beta firmware for M9 Plus, actually they will provide you a DEBUG old firmware which is not helpful at all.

M9 Plus is unsupported product and I am I'm not surprised you have problems with it. I have too and the support is useless (just promises)

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 3

Related Articles