Powerline AV600 no IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline AV600 no IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline AV600 no IPTV
Powerline AV600 no IPTV
2022-02-11 09:38:19
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have internet on my power line adapters, but when I connect LAN cable to IPTV tv box , the tv starts and after 10 sec. stops and says no internet connection.

From the TV provider said this is not their mistake and it's all on powerline adapter.

Any suggestion what to do, may be some settings?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline AV600 no IPTV
2022-02-15 04:32:18

Hello @NuridinK13 

• Please confirm other network devices like PC/ Laptop could get internet from powerline unit first

Router <Ethernet> powerline adapter #1 ____powerline adapter #2 <Ethernet/Wireless> PC/ Laptop/TV box 

If the computer could get internet from powerline kit, you could contact TV box support/ IPTV service provide to set up the TV box again. 

Please check if the TV box get an IP & gateway address from powerline kit, you could set up a static IP on the TV box with their instructions. 

If the above the does not work, can I know the model of router and the nertwork map? Could other device get internet from powerline kit? 

Options
Re:Powerline AV600 no IPTV
2022-02-22 11:10:41
Much simpler answer: Real IPTV (as opposed to individual streams) is a Multicast stream. All network equipment must support Multicast for this to work. TV streams stopping after the initial few seconds is a very typical symptom for a failed Multicast. TP-Link have been persistently ignorant of this fact. Return and shop elsewhere.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 544

Replies: 2

Related Articles