Deco M9 wifi drops every 12 hours and reconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-11 12:59:56 - last edited 2022-02-11 13:21:18
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.51 Build 20210126 Rel 62679

Hi, I am having an issue with my Deco where all devices are dropping and reconnecting every 12hours. Its slowly incrementing by a minute each day or so and I can not understand why. With the limited logs on Deco there isnt much to look at.

If I connect to the router directly by-passing the Deco I do not get the reconnects every 12hours. Its is becoming a problem when connected to customers remotely at home or other situations where losing wifi even if only for a few seconds causes issues with reconnections of VPN etc.  I am getting close to just removing it and going with a different solution. 

I have set all devices with reserved IP in case it was something to do with this but it has made no difference.

Can you provide any help in trying to idenfity what the issue maybe and if there is a way to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 wifi drops every 12 hours and reconnects
2022-02-15 09:14:26

@Clarkii 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know who is your internet service provider? And what is the model number of your ISP router?

Did you set up Deco under access point mode?--- you could check under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode.

Have you noticed any Deco turn red when the connection dropped out?

Later I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and could you please refer to the private message and install the debug firmware for further assistance.

Options
2022-03-07 00:17:35

@TP-Link thank you for your reply. I will install the software and monitor. I have just had my router changed due to an issue with it and will see if the issue persists with the new router.

My ISP is gigaclear. As a test I enabled the wifi on the gigaclear router, i connected one phone to gigaclear wifi and one phone to deco wifi, the phone connected to the deco wad the only one that disconnected. I will try to see the light colours when this occurs.

I have the Deco co figured as a wireless router. It deals with my entire home network so I don't have two networks going on. 

Options
2022-03-08 03:19:18

@Clarkii 

Thank you very much and please keep us updated if there is any further improvement.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 309

Replies: 3

Related Articles