Archer C6 cannot open Port 44158

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-13 19:20:27
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

Hi all,

My Archer C60 router cannot open the 44158 port. I have another TP_Link router (different model) and I had no problems opening this particular port. With C6 I have followed the instructions step by step - reserved an address, enabled the virtual server in NAT Forwarding, disabled UPnP, but the port is still closed. I am using two different websites to verify whether the port is closed or opened, and they both show "closed". I have read all the comments related to that problem - although no user had the same C6 router - but I haven't found a solution yet. I have a public IP and I don't have the "port is used by another device or something like that" error. I am simply doing all the steps for port forwarding, but the port remains closed. I don't get any error messages, it just stays stubbornly closed :) 

I would really appreciate some help here!

Best,

George  

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C6 cannot open Port 44158
2022-02-14 15:12:52

Hi @George_A 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

For your port forwarding issue,would you please refer to the step1 to step3 in this guide to troubleshoot:

Why port forwarding feature is not working on my Wi-Fi router and Deco?

If issue can't be solved, please tell me result of each steps. Thanks~

Options
2022-02-14 18:41:03

@George_A 

Hi,

Is the service whose traffic goes through port 44158 using the TCP protocol or the UDP protocol?

I am asking because I haven't actually found a website that can correctly report whether UDP ports are open or closed on my home Internet connection.

Checking TCP ports works fine though.

Options
2022-02-16 13:35:57

@woozle  TCP. I hope the instructions below will help you make more sense.  

Port Forwarding

Before launching the [Hellium] Miner, you will want to configure ports on your network to forward two ports:

• 44158/TCP: the Miner communicates to other Miners over this port. The networking logic knows how to get around a lack of forwarding here, but you will get better performance by forwarding the port
  • 1680/UDP: the radio connects to the Miner over this port. You will not be able to forward packets or participate in Proof of Coverage without this

"Forwarding" on the second port is less relevant if you are running a radio packet forwarder on the same system at the miner (both on a Raspberry Pi, for example). But it is essential if you are running a Miner on the cloud for example.

Options
2022-02-16 13:57:23

@Kevin_Z thanks for the quick reply. So I have got through steps 1 to 3, but port 44518 is still closed.

Step 1: Make sure the server is accessible from the internal network - indeed, the server is accessible in my local network and the IP is checked more than twice.

Step 2: Check the port forwarding settings in the router. - I am not sure what does that mean? I have checked the NAT forwarding rule - it is enabled and the correct IP/ protocols are used. UPnP is disabled as recommended in one of the posts I have seen in this forum. Are there other settings I am not aware of?

Step 3: Check the firewall setting. - Okay, I am not sure what I am supposed to check here. The tip recommends turning the firewall off? I have turned it off, but the 44158 port is still closed. Is there some rule that I am missing? 

My WAN IP is public (it starts with 91.XXX.YYY.ZZ), and I have reserved the IP adress of the virtual server (via DHCP rule).

I wanna add something, I am using the same internet service provider on another adress, with Archer C54 router and I have manage to open port 44158 with no problems whatsoever. I have even tried the same device and I had no problems opening the port for it. I hope this is helpful.    

Please advise,

Best,

George  

Options
2022-02-18 03:06:20

@George_A 

Follow the suggested actions in this post and see if that helps in your case.

If the issue persists update the C6 with the beta FW from this thread and test again.

You can always revert back to your current FW release if that doesn't help.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-19 11:27:06

@terziyski I have updated the FM and it is still not working. Suggestion 1 is basically step by step instructions how to set a virtual server rule for port 44158, something that I have done a dozen times already, and unless there is something I am missing, it is not going to solve the problem. I am sorry, I don't want to sound rude, but I had my hopes on the FM update and it is not working. Is there any chance support can check my router remotely, or something like this? I need to know if this problem is solvable or just ditch this router and try with different one.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 820

Replies: 6