TL-WPA4220 extender mode + ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-13 22:15:50
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I would like to make the following connection and I can't do it, maybe someone could help me.
With the powerline wifi adapter I would like to connect to the existing wifi network (one other wifi extender, not TP Link, so no synchonization option). And then I want to connect to the Ethernet on the second adapter (the small one). I managed to connect to the existing wifi network by replacing the SSID and password with the existing network name and password, I don't know if is the good way to do it. But I can't get the signal on the small adapter, to connect in Ethernet on the other side.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 extender mode + ethernet
2022-02-15 03:27:36 - last edited 2022-02-15 03:30:06

Hello @calinte 

• It does not matter if the wifi / wired powerline unit work as the main adapter, but the main powerline adapter need connect to the router/ AP via Ethernet cable

e.g. Router-wifi extender <Ethernet> powerline adapter #1  ___<house powerline> ___ powerline adapter # 2 

• Confirm the powerline units are paired to each other and the House Led are On on both unit 

How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?

If you wish to connect to a Wi-Fi extender to the router / AP through Wi-Fi connection, please consider  tp-link range extender products:

Router <wireless>Range extender

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/range-extender/

Options