tpPLC - Can Not Add Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-15 22:55:59
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I really need some help.

I can get my adapters to link and the internet works fine, but when trying to access them using the TP-Link Utility, (tpPLC) I can not add them.

I've installed the latest version, but when I load up the software it just comes up with No Device Connected...

While it is searching, none of the buttons on the window work. And when they are selectable, they do nothing...

I've reinstalled many times,

Turned off Anti Virus,

Disabled Firewalls.

No luck.

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Options
11 Reply
Re:tpPLC - Can Not Add Device
2022-02-17 01:47:27

Hello  @TPTeeps 

May I know did you try to pair the powerline units manually by pressing Pair button? 

1. Try to pair manually: please  put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :
Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done

FAQ: How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?
-  Connect main powerline unit to router via Ethernet cable, and put powerline extender in another room 

2. Try to pair using tpPLC Utility 

Please factory reset your powerline unit by tpPLC Utility one by one:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1612/   

Refer to this instruction to pair the powerline units/ add an extra powerline unit by Powerline Key: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1615/

If tpPLC Utlity recognized the device but button does not work, can I have a photo of it? 

Options
2022-02-17 13:25:52

@Solla-topee 

I am not sure you have read the problem.

The issue is that I cant use them on the TPLink utility application.

They are paired with each other and are working.

Options
2022-02-18 06:44:38 - last edited 2022-02-18 06:47:56

Hello   @TPTeeps 

Thank you for your explanation.When the  PA8010P connected to computer, Utlity should detect the device automatically. If Utility does not detect device, 

1. Please connect computer to PA8010P directly,  try to re-install Utility with firewall and antivirus software closed on the computer

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-pa8010p-kit/

2. If you got a different computer, try  to test the Utility on another computer as well. 

If still the same, can I know the network topology 1) e.g. router Model XX <Ethernet>PA8010P ___ PA8010P --Window10 PC;2)   tpPLC Utility version 3) if utility detects the device, please share a photo of that. we would like to follow up your case through support email to look into that, please check your inbox as well, 

Options
2022-02-25 16:03:56

@Solla-topee 

I have the same problem with my TL-PA7025P !

TpPLC give always the same message on 2 computers under W10 : " No Device Connected... "

Does TpPLC run correctly under W10 ?

Options
2022-02-25 18:47:34

@Nepo I had an email from tplink to down load this;

Wireshark

https://www.wireshark.org/download.html

It got it working

Options
2022-02-27 14:42:23

@TPTeeps 

Thanks for the URL, but after install Wireshark, tpPLC is always down :-(

Options
2022-03-01 05:45:41

Hello  @Nepo 

Please make sure you have downloaded the latest version tpPLC Utlity on tp-link website. 

How to prepare for using the tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Then connect PC--PLC unit directly via Ethernet cable, and see apply Utility could find any device 

Note:  turn off Windows firewall and antivirus software temporarily. 

Options
2022-03-01 11:37:00

@Solla-topee 

Thanks to help me !

I have the latest version tpPLC Utlity .

My PC is directly connected via Ethernet cable to PLC.

Firewall and antivirus software are disabled.

And tpPLC Utility always show the same message: "No device connected Please connect your computer to a powerline device."

Options
2022-03-02 06:25:12

Hello  @Nepo thank you for the case details, I would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220301725 to look into that further, please check your inbox. 

Options
2022-03-07 03:01:13 - last edited 2022-03-07 03:02:37

hello  @Nepo 

we try to reach you through email but the email seems  not delivered, please check my private message, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1167

Replies: 11

Related Articles