Deco M5 satellites not setting up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 10:34:36 - last edited 2022-02-18 11:31:42
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I run a small IT business and have installed three different Deco M5 systems for clients, all very successfully.

However, my latest install has run into a problem. At both the client's house and back at my office, the base Deco installs without any problems as normal, but the satellites will not connect. They will flash blue, but not connect, instead going to a solid blue while the app gives me the 'Failed to connect to 'Network' message.

Resetting each M5, rotating the M5 used as the base, doing the all usual things on my phone to optimise the app have all brought no solution.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5 satellites not setting up-Solution
2022-02-17 06:51:00 - last edited 2022-02-18 11:31:42

@Helios451 

Hi, when you run to the error message” Failed to connect to 'Network' message”, what is the LED status on the satellite Deco M5, flashing red?

Are you able to record a video clip about the configuration process and send it to me?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please make sure you are already connected to the created Wi-Fi network.

2. Turn off the VPN connection on the smartphone if there is.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 satellites not setting up-Solution
2022-02-17 06:51:00 - last edited 2022-02-18 11:31:42

@Helios451 

Hi, when you run to the error message” Failed to connect to 'Network' message”, what is the LED status on the satellite Deco M5, flashing red?

Are you able to record a video clip about the configuration process and send it to me?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please make sure you are already connected to the created Wi-Fi network.

2. Turn off the VPN connection on the smartphone if there is.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 satellites not setting up
2022-02-18 11:31:29
Hi, Thanks - the VPN I have on my smartphone was the problem. It all went well without it switched on. Many thanks for your help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 2

Related Articles