Firewall - NAT - Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firewall - NAT - Ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firewall - NAT - Ports
Firewall - NAT - Ports
2022-02-16 10:41:44
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Folks, I have a basic understanding of IPTables in Linux but just would like to clarify an order of compliance.

I guess standard set up without FW enabled the router allows any out, denies any in unless related.  Port redirects open ports for internal servers, I understand so far.

Firewall allows default ALLOW or DENY.  If ALLOW all to pass is selected does the router function still work and only allow related incoming traffic?

Geoff

Options
2 Reply
Re:Firewall - NAT - Ports
2022-02-20 23:11:51 - last edited 2022-08-04 15:45:28

@Geffers 

In this user guide you can find more details about Firewall configuring - Chapter 4.15.

It's actually a form of an Access Control which can be used for example in website blocking but with more granular control including protocol and direction to choose.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Firewall - NAT - Ports
2022-08-04 15:37:54

@terziyski   Apologies if I did not respond sooner,  I recall reading the post but maybe on my phone so not logged in to forum therefore unable to resond.

Belated thank you  yes

Geoff

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 2

Related Articles