update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
update
update
2022-02-19 14:42:26 - last edited 2022-08-01 06:39:37
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

I wanted to know if the archer c58hp model will receive any improvements or updates in the future that add new features like tp-link id, among others.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:update-Solution
2022-02-22 09:20:56 - last edited 2022-02-24 06:18:56

Joselio wrote

I wanted to know if the archer c58hp model will receive any improvements or updates in the future that add new features like tp-link id, among others.

Hello @Joselio

I honestly do not have an answer for that. We don't get advanced notice of whether there will be new updates being released or when a feature update will be available. The way we do firmware is that we only release a new version when there is a bug/flaw/vulnerability to patch or a new feature to add, but since I am not in software development, I can't give you a clear answer. I suggest you keep an eye on the official website for any new firmware updates if there would be any.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:update-Solution
2022-02-22 09:20:56 - last edited 2022-02-24 06:18:56

Joselio wrote

Hello @Joselio

I honestly do not have an answer for that. We don't get advanced notice of whether there will be new updates being released or when a feature update will be available. The way we do firmware is that we only release a new version when there is a bug/flaw/vulnerability to patch or a new feature to add, but since I am not in software development, I can't give you a clear answer. I suggest you keep an eye on the official website for any new firmware updates if there would be any.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:update
2022-08-01 06:36:18

@Kevin_Z 

Dear Kevin_Z

There is a flaw in the router. I don't know if it can be patched by firmware. But the router is announced as a Dual band AND multi mode. 

But it is not a dual band extender as it can not extend a 5G wifi network. It only extends 2.4Ghz networks. Yes it provides 2.4 and 5G extensions of the 2.4 host network. But that does not fulfill the Dual Band extender mode.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/162420

Also the firmware emulator looks like it does extend both 2.4 and 5G, but the installed firmware does not behave like the emulator.
https://emulator.tp-link.com/archerc58hp_un_re/src/index.html

I guess it can be solved by firmware update.

This is a very important flaw.
It looks like a dishonest advertising . You are selling a dual band thing but you are not provideing such a thing.
Archer C20 instead, a lower level  and cheaper router does indeed extend both networks (once at time, but it does it).

It is expected Archer C58HP to have more capabilities than Archer c20, not less!!

Thank you

Options
Re:update
2022-08-02 03:50:38

@elzorro 

Thank you very much for reporting the WDS configuration issue on the Archer C58HP. 

I have reported this concern to the engineering team, they will confirm and evaluate if there is a possibility to optimize the WDS configuration. While there is no definitive information if it would be possible or be available in the future, it is suggested to keep an eye on the official website to get more updates.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 3

Related Articles