Not switching automatically to 4g?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-23 23:20:56
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.19.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210201 Rel.65731n

I believe that my local cell/tower switches itself into low power mode at night, as an energy saving method. 

My router loses the 4g connection at the same time every night at about 11.30pm and automatically switches to 3g. The following morning I will see that it is still in 3g and I have to manually switch it back to 4g. 

I have tried setting the router to automatically reboot itself at 6am for example, in the hopes that it will auto connect to 4g but with no luck, as it just connects to 3g. 

Is there something I am missing? Is there a setting I can change to resolve this?

My phone's SIM is on the same mobile network / operator and I can it also loses the 4g at night and regains it back in the morning, but with no problems and is automatic. 

I believe this issue is with just this particular router. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Not switching automatically to 4g?
2022-02-25 02:02:22

@Leewillrockyou 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If changing the network mode on the MR200 to 4G only, would you still be able to get internet service after 11:30 pm?

By the way, are you able to check on the smartphone about the exact time when it switched back to 4G, maybe it is after 6:00 am?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Not switching automatically to 4g?
2022-02-25 08:07:23

@David-TP Hi, if I change to 4g only, there would be no internet at all after 11.30pm. Also, the time in which it turns on and off is variable. Thanks. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 293

Replies: 2

Related Articles