Strange WIFI SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Strange WIFI SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Strange WIFI SSID
Strange WIFI SSID
2022-02-28 16:19:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

I installed 3 Deco M5s in my house 2 months before with Giga Ethernet backhaul. Recent one week, I incidentially saw WiFi available SSID list on my iPhone, also in my Laptop, some new SSID beside my SSID "BBP" like :  "BBP 1st floor", "BBP 1st floor 5G", "BBP 2nd floor", BBP 2nd floor 5G" and  these SSID can not be connected. I have tried following actions:

+ Reboot all deco (according similar issue posted before)

+ Even I changed name of satellite deco from Custom : "1st floor" to default "Bedroom" but strange SSID still "BBP 1st floor"

+ Switch main deco to other

+ Upgraded Firmware from 1.5.4 to 1.6.0

However these strange SSID are still there.

Do you have any idea to make these SSID disappeared.

Thank you and regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:Strange WIFI SSID
2022-03-01 03:20:29

@Same80 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

Can I have some screenshots of these SSIDs on the available Wi-Fi list?

if you turn off Deco, will these SSIDs disappear as well?

The wireless backhaul between Deco Mesh uses hidden SSIDs and the names are invisible. But your case seems quite different.

could you please also install the Wi-Fi analyzer and check the MAC addresses of these SSIDs to see whether they are the same as Deco?

Found Archer C7 v5 or Archer A7 v5 is emitting hidden

Options
2022-03-01 10:27:49 - last edited 2022-03-01 11:59:15

Thank   @David-TP  for your quick reply.

As you advise, I tried power off 2 satellite decos first then power off main deco lastly.

Even when I completed power off 2 satellite decos, these SSID are still there as picture,

they were gone after main deco was power off.

I am using iOS so can not download WiFi Analyzer, I took SSID MAC address for your information.

[Updated I used my andriod TV to capture WiFi Analyzer as below pictures]

[For your information]

MAC address :

- Main deco : E4-C3-2A-EF-72-4C (Livving Room)

- Satellite 1  : E4-C3-2A-EF-75-20 (Master Bedroom)

- Satellite 2  : E4-C3-2A-EF-75-18 (Bedroom)

Strange WIFI SSID MAC address

- BBP lau1 (i.e. 1st floor)              : F6-EF-91-D4-01-D9

- BBP lau1 5G (i.e. 1st floor 5G)  : 2E-84-EE-4C-35-79

- BBP lau2 (i.e. 2nd floor)            : 02-BB-A0-ED-7B-C5

Thank you and regards

[Fig.0 - WiFi Analyzer]

[Fig.1 - All Deco MAC]

[Fig.2 Strange SSID list]

[Fig.3 SSID "BBP lau1" MAC]

[Fig.4 SSID "BBP lau1 5G" MAC]

[Fig.5 SSID "BBP lau2 MAC"]

Options
2022-03-02 11:32:25

@Same80 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The only reason I think this issue might be related to Deco is that you mentioned once the main Deco is turned off, all these SSIDs will disappear.

For others, the MAC addresses are totally different from Deco and when the satellite units are powered off, these SSIDs are still here, which made me think these SSIDs are from somewhere else.

Have you enabled guest network on the Deco?—you could check on the Deco APP>More>Wi-Fi.

I see you changed the device name of Deco before but the SSID did not disappear. In this way, could you please also change the SSID name under Deco APP>More>Wi-Fi as well to see whether these SSIDs are still unchangeable?

By the way, could you please try to reset the network settings on the iPhone to have a look: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?

:

Options
2022-03-04 02:42:50

Dear  @David-TP ,

Thank you for your feedback.

I can change SSID name (from BBP to Solaris) on Deco APP and can connect to new SSID "Solaris" from my iPhone and PC

but after changed SSID name, strange SSID "BBP lau1", "BBP lau1 5G" are still there.

I have not enabled Guess Network

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 534

Replies: 4

Related Articles