T3U PLUS keeps on disconnecting when on 5G Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 07:42:39
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I've got a new pc a couple months ago, noticed that the network adapter that I had purchased only supported the 2.4Ghz band. So I bought the T3U Plus (AC1300) since it supported the 5G band. Instantly I had noticed that every few seconds the 5G network disconnects and comes back, what i mean by this is that in task manager, I saw that every few seconds it goes to 0kbps send and receive, it comes back, this goes on a loop. Appreciate if you can help me out with this one...

Options
4 Reply
Re:T3U PLUS keeps on disconnecting when on 5G Network
2022-03-02 03:45:53

@ABlox 

For network adapter 5Ghz WiFi unstable issue, 

1.  Try a different Wi-Fi channel on the router, for 5Ghz band channel 36/40/44/48 are recommended 
Scan nearby wireless channels using  inSSIDer/Wi-Fi Analyzer app and select a less-crowded Wi-Fi channel on the router.

2. Try the chipset driver and see if that helps with performance: 
Realtek Chipset Driver for T3U(Plus)

If the above does not help, can I know the model of router, does other devices connected to 5Ghz work stably? Can you take a photo of PC motherboard information: 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options
2022-03-02 04:05:38
Hey so, this issue is only with the adapter, all the other devices do not face this issue. I have plugged the adapter to my laptop and the same issue is displaying. The chipset driver does not support windows 11 so i can't try that out. My motherboard is A320m-S2H. How do you get the model number.
Options
2022-03-02 04:06:48
Oh sorry my router is Archer_A6.
Options
2022-03-03 02:14:05

Hello  @ABlox 

It is suggested trying the chipset driver Win10x64, usually Win10 X64 bits driver could work on Windows 11. 

Here is guide to change router channel, can you check which channel the router is using right now? 

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router (new logo)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1329

Replies: 4

Related Articles