DHCP stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP stops working
DHCP stops working
2022-03-02 10:42:53
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.00.9.1

I've installed the latest firmware and I'm suffering from an intermittent DHCP failure.

It was running slowly so I did a reboot from the web page and when it came up DHCP wasn't working.

This is the second time this has happened.

The only solution seemed to be a factory reset and then recovering saved settings that I took before the factory reset.

Options
4 Reply
Re:DHCP stops working
2022-03-02 12:17:47 - last edited 2022-03-02 12:22:16

@meavydev 

Thank you for the feedback.

when you mentioned "DHCP wasn't working", Do you mean that after a reboot from the web UI, the devices are not able to obtain the IP address and you are unable to log into the web page anymore?

Did Ethernet clients have the same issue as well?

-If yes, it would be highly appreciated if you could set up a static IP, such as 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0, GW 192.168.1.1, and check whether you are able to log into web UI.

(if it worked, please help me save the system log as well.)

And Since you mentioned the firmware upgrade, did this issue start after the firmware upgrade?

If possible, would you mind sending a copy of your backup configuration to support.forum@tp-link.com so that we could check whether the problem could be reproduced?

Thank you very much and Best Regards.

Options
2022-03-02 12:33:39

@David-TP 

By DHCP stops working, I mean devices fail to connect with a DHCP error on WiFi and the only way I could connect was to configure a Windows laptop with a fixed IP and then connect over ethernet.

It started happening when I updated to the latest firmware https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2021/202112/20211224/Archer%20MR600(EU)_V2_210914.zip

The conf.bin includes passwords, so is there a way to sanitise it before sending it to you?

Options
2022-03-02 12:38:18

@David-TP  Sorry I forgot to answer this bit of your question, but the log won't be of any use, as I have already done the factory reset and restored settings, as I knew this worked when it happened last time.

Given that it has happened twice, I decided to post here to see if it was a known issue with this firmware.

Options
2022-03-15 16:54:37 - last edited 2022-03-15 16:56:03

@David-TP  It just happened again, so connecting from my PC laptop I got the system logs. 

The second log(1).txt shows the failure from DHCP: 

DHCPD: Wrong Server id or request an invalid ip

The third log(2).txt is after turning DHCP off; saving settings; turning it back on; saving settings.

So it looks like I can get it working by turning DHCP off and on again, although I have to do this from the PC with a fixed IP over ethernet.

File:
log.zipDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 308

Replies: 4

Related Articles