RE505X Connected, but no Internet.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-03 23:18:39
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20211107 Rel. 182157

Hi Community, 

I hope someone can help me. I'm using my RE505X as an Access Point, and everything is working so well. For all connected devices, including my computer, there is no problem. But there are two especially computers that I can't have access to the internet, and both show that they are connected but without the internet. It is essential to mention that these computers are entirely different. One is a Macbook using the latest operation system, and another is a Dell using Windows 10. I don't know what to do. I have already tried a lot of things;

1 -  Updated the firmware from RE505X.
2 - I did a reset twice. 
3 - I saw a lot of tutorials on Youtube about resetting the network preference, and a few possibles fix. 
4 - I have sent an email to the technical support, they asked my telephone contact, until that day, I didn't get any answer. 

Another thing that may help find a solution. I have found a temporary fix on my Macbook. If I reconnect three times, it starts to work. (Connect, Disconnect, Connect, Disconnect, Connect, Disconnect). But It is very dull because if I restart or shut down my computer, I have to do the same thing again. And It does not work all the time.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE505X Connected, but no Internet.
2022-03-04 06:01:54

Hello @Emanuel204 

Thank you for your detailed post. 

You could try to reach local hotline support here for urgent help. 

Do you mean both Mac and Windows 10 computer, Wi-Fi connected but no internet ? 

- Please check on main router and see if you have set up any Mac filtering/ IP & mac binding/ access control/ parental control settings that may affect device

- try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 as guide below

- IP address , set to ' obtain IP address automatically' and the device should get an IP address & IPv4 gateway address from router 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

If still the same, can I know was there any error on WiFi network on Mac & Win10? Can I have a photo of the IP & gateway address on those 2 devices? 

Try to ping 8.8.8.8 on Win10 and IPv4 address gateway address (router's IP) and see if ping succeeds. 

How to Use the Ping Command

Options
2022-03-04 17:23:57

@Solla-topee 

Hi, thank you for your answer!

Some updates: After changing DNS on Mac, 10 minutes later, it started to work perfectly. It's weird because I had already tried to put the Google DNS on Mac before, but it didn't work. I hope not to get more problems on Mac! 

Now on Windows 10, I've followed those steps with no success. On the ping test, it says 'Destination host unreachable.'

Extra information: It has just happened to me. If I wait more or less 10 minutes, it starts to work correctly, BUT If I disconnect from the internet or restart my computer, I will get the same problem again (Connected, but no Internet). 

Options
2022-03-17 11:54:25

Hello  @Emanuel204 

sorry for the late reply, please set Windows 10 to ' obtain IP address automatically' then on router settings, try to reserve an IP address(IP reservation) for the Mac address of Win10 computer. 

Also try to update the WiFi adapter driver as the computer manufacture guidance. 

If still the same, you could try to turn on RE DHCP server,and set up IP address & IP pool on RE and see if that helps:

What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?

If still the same, may I know the model of network adapter on the computer? Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 928

Replies: 3

Related Articles