Why can't I access my work files over a VPN when 4G Only mode is enabled?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 19:05:13
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200427 Rel.71396n

Hi, I have a TL-MR6400 and a sim card inserted. 4G Only mode is always enabled and everything works fine on all devices. I am working from home, and to access my work server, programs, and files we use OpenVPN. Problem is that I can't access my work files when 4G Only mode is enabled, but actually can access those files when 3G Only mode is enabled. I have also tried removing the sim card from the router and try accessing the network by inserting it into my mobile phone. It works fine that way. So it is not my provider issue but rather a router issue. Why is that happening and how to fix it? Something seems to keep denying access to my work files while using 4G mode, but not when using 3G mode, and the sim card alone has no problem when inserted into a mobile phone.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Why can't I access my work files over a VPN when 4G Only mode is enabled?
2022-03-09 07:43:21 - last edited 2022-03-09 07:51:29

@vuleslash 

Hi, if it was set to 4G preferred, are you able to access the work file via OpenVPN?

By the way, when it is set to 4G only, is the internet service still working on the modem?

And May I know who is your SIM carrier?

Moreover, when it is on 4G only, the OpenVPN connection could still be established but you are not able to access the works or the OpenVPN connection failed as well?

If possible, could you please log into the web UI and export the system log files, then send them to support.forum@tp-link.com?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-09 08:49:58 - last edited 2022-03-09 08:52:02

@David-TP 

Hi, the files are blocked in both 4G Only and 4G Preferred mode.

Internet is working fine on all modes, it is working on the modem itself.

OpenVPN connection is established on 4G Only mode but the work files remain blocked.

My SIM carrier is Telemach.

I have also tried to insert the SIM card into my mobile phone and share its internet. In that way, the files are accessible both via 3G and 4G. Only when I put it back in the router, files are blocked again in 4G modes.

To summarize, the router has internet on 4G modes and it shares it correctly, I can also establish a VPN connection but the work files remain blocked. Those same files are not blocked in 3G Only mode, and they are not blocked when sharing the internet from a mobile phone when the SIM card is put into it.

I have uploaded the log file with this message.

Thank you for your response.

File:
log.txtDownload
Options
2022-03-15 08:23:05

@David-TP 

Hi David, any news about this issue?

Kind regards

Options
2022-03-16 08:19:09

@vuleslash 

Hi, could you please check the Internet IP address on Advanced->Status page when it is working on 4G and also 3G to see if they are public IP address or private IP address?
Please also go to Advanced->Network->Internet page, check if there is any other available profile in the profile name list, try other profile or create another profile manually in 4G mode to see if it makes any difference, you could also compare the APN settings of the phone to see they are using the sam APN.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 469

Replies: 4