Deco M4R speed limit compared to ISP bandwitch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-08 22:58:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 20220113 rel 38349

Hi,

I have a network with 2 " Deco M4R(US) - v2" with almost 20 devices connected. One Deco acts as Main, It's configured as wifi router and is connect to my ISP's router trought Ethernet with a cat6 cable; the other Deco is connected to the main Deco.

Two weeks ago the ISP raised my speed connection from 100mbps to 300mbps, however I never obtain a download speed over 100 mbps in all the speedtests performed from this change. During the first week, only in one opportunitty (28-feb-2022) obtained about 250mbps using an Android phone with 5GHz near the main Deco.

After this, I decided to connect a raspberry to the Main Deco to test the download speed every 1 hour. Today, with 7 days measuring, in only 2 occasions (2-mar and 7-mar at the same time 7am) registered a speed near 300mbps, the rest of all never cross the 100mbps limit   

The ISP's router is not the problem: when I connect a device wireless or by ethernet, I obtain about 300mbps of download speed 

I've been trying all the recommendation posted in Internet and I can't resolve the issue

Could you help me?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4R speed limit compared to ISP bandwitch
2022-03-09 03:47:57

@Nachobona 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It is suggested that you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. please refer to this link-Deco LAN speed is capped to 100m/s to get rid of the influence of QOS and a bad Ethernet cable.

2. May I know who is your internet service provider? and what is the model number of your cable modem?

3. is the raspberry server connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable and can you share some screenshots about the test results of raspberry in the email?

Thank you again and wait for your update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 883

Replies: 1

Related Articles