MR600 - Carrier Aggregation not happening in India network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 10:16:04
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

I brought MR600 to improve my working home experience with stable and speed internet, after some research I found Archer MR600 is doing carrier Aggregation and would fit my needs.

Below are the hardware details:

Firmware Version:‪1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n 

Hardware Version:‪Archer MR600 v2 00000002 

I have tried with both Airtel and Jio its allowing for manual band selection but when we go and check the status it always only one band is selected, whole purpose of buying is it will support carrier aggregation.

Please help me how to achieve the carrier aggreation with India network and with MR600 V2 version.

Options
4 Reply
Re:MR600 - Carrier Aggregation not happening in India network?
2022-03-11 11:06:29

@bhanukumar04 

Hi, may I know what are the Carrier Aggregation bands that Airtel and Jio support?

if the same SIM card is inserted into the smartphone or a different 4G router, is it able to have the Carrier Aggregation?

At the same time, could you please also send the system log on the web Ui to support.forum@tp-link.com?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-12 06:00:06 - last edited 2022-03-12 06:05:27

@David-TP 

I have a mobile OnePlus8Pro with Airtel SIM carrier aggregation 1800(Band3)  and 900(Band 8) is happening and when inserted same SIM into the router carrier aggregation is not happening and the router selects either Band3 or Band8.

One more observation is when I selected Bands as Auto, I see that band3 only is selected and Network Type is 4G+ LTE.  I have purchased this router 3 days back and am still in replacement window, let me know if the router is defective or there is something else that needs to be done to achieve the carrier aggregation.

with the same SIM see the carrier aggregation happening in mobile in the same location.

Also, as suggested sent system log from Ui to support.forum@tp-link.com

Options
2022-03-14 12:47:42

@bhanukumar04 

Hi, Thank you very much for your email.
There is a special case of carrier aggregation where the component carriers are contiguous in the same frequency band, which is also called intra-band contiguous carrier aggregation. It might explain why Network Type is 4G+ LTE when Bands are set to Auto and only band3 is selected.

As for B3+B8 inter-band carrier aggregation in different frequency band, it has been tested and our modem does support Carrier Aggregation of B3 and B8. But the final result of CA is the bilateral negotiation between modem and cell tower.So even though the modem is capable for B3+B8 CA, it would still only display one band if cell tower did not match suitable frequency bands.

Would the modem perform much better when it is on intra-band contiguous carrier aggregation of B3 than 4G LTE on manual B3?

Options
2022-03-14 13:35:26

@David-TP, when mode is selected as Auto, modem is performing better with 4G+ and Band3 is getting selected Automatically.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 4

Related Articles