TL-WPA8631P(UK) Ver 3 performance vs TL-WPA8630P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-16 16:40:06
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.32-00_863313_191111_901

Hi,

I've just plugged in my new powerline extender and compared with my TL-WPA8630P, ethernet and wifi performnace is very poor using the same power socket. I'm doing some digging and I've noticed that the wifi Country Code is set to DE rather than GB - my TL-WPA8630P is set to GB. I've tried to Telnet to it and I get a login prompt but my credentials don't work  - Access Denied. 

Powerline device: TL-PA8010P 2.0.

Is it possible to get to the CLI? I have no issues with accessing advanced settings on on my TP-Link CPEs :)

Thanks

Ades

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8631P(UK) Ver 3 performance vs TL-WPA8630P
2022-03-17 13:06:58

Hello   @Ades 

Unlike some business products, Powerline kit does not support telnet command.

For the performance, do you mean the speed is not as expected?  When test the performance of new TL-WPA8631P kit, can you test the Kit separately, e.g unplug the old powerline kit, and test the performance at the same location.

Please check what is the Powerline rate between powerline units on tpPLC Utlity. 

Can you share how did you test the performance, and share some result here, thanks. 

Options
Re:TL-WPA8631P(UK) Ver 3 performance vs TL-WPA8630P
2022-03-18 11:10:33

@Solla-topee Thanks

I'm considering to return the device for a refund for the following reasons:

• Lazy default configuration - wifi country code is hard-coded to DE whereas my TL-WPA8630P was (correctly) configured to GB at the time of manufacturer. TP-Link are doing the same on some of their router range as well which is poor. For most users this won't cause a problem but for my scenarios it does. Not having CLI access to correct this fault is also poor. I know it's a consumer product but so are their routers!
  • tp-PLC (Android) V1.3.5 will not detect my TL-WPA8630P as a Device - only the TL-PA8010P 2.0 & the new TL-WPA8631P . If I select one of these and look at Data Rate the other device IS showing. Sometimes I can get it to display if I repeatedly refresh the screen. If I then change the name this resets on next use. This app has not been updated since 27th September 2020 although the product was released earlier so i would have expected it to be recognized. tp-PLC for Windows works fine. Is there a new release of the Android app in the pipeline?

Performance has stabilized but I had to factory reset all three devices and start again from scratch. I shouldn't have to do this

Thanks again

Ades

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 2