Archer T4U V3 | Very slow Download Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-17 02:46:32 - last edited 2022-03-19 00:47:03
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I tried using both the latest driver from tp-link website and Microsoft driver (When you don't have a tp-link driver).

Both gives me decent speed at first, but after shutting down and turning on the pc, only the Download Speed became worse.

No matter how many times I tried to repair and reinstall the driver, the result is still the same.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz has the same result

I'm using Microsoft driver while writing this and the driver version is 1030.27.425.2018

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1909

OS build: 18363.1801

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer T4U V3 | Very slow Download Speed-Solution
2022-03-17 15:35:38 - last edited 2022-03-19 00:47:03

Hello  @LimK 

Please try this chipset driver and see this helps improve the performance. 

Realtek Chipset Driver for T4U(Plus)(Win7/Win10)

• If test speed on a different computer or mobile device, do you have a stable WiFi speed at the locaton of computer with T4U V3 adapter? 
  • Disable other WiFi adapter other than Tp-Link adapter
  • It is recommended to change a different WiFi channel, and try different channel width for both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band and see if that makes any difference.

Can I know when did you purchase the adapater, and when did the issue start?Can I have a photo of driver date and motherboard information of your adapter? 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer T4U V3 | Very slow Download Speed-Solution
2022-03-17 15:35:38 - last edited 2022-03-19 00:47:03

Hello  @LimK 

Please try this chipset driver and see this helps improve the performance. 

Realtek Chipset Driver for T4U(Plus)(Win7/Win10)

• If test speed on a different computer or mobile device, do you have a stable WiFi speed at the locaton of computer with T4U V3 adapter? 
  • Disable other WiFi adapter other than Tp-Link adapter
  • It is recommended to change a different WiFi channel, and try different channel width for both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz band and see if that makes any difference.

Can I know when did you purchase the adapater, and when did the issue start?Can I have a photo of driver date and motherboard information of your adapter? 

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer T4U V3 | Very slow Download Speed
2022-03-18 03:05:25

Hello  @Solla-topee 

Unfortunately  the chipset doesn't support my operating system for some reason.

• Tried testing with my laptop and my phone, both shows normal download and upload speed.
  • There isn't other adapters other the one I'm using
  • Tried using 2.4G and 5G before, both has the same problem

I bought the adapter about a year ago and I found out about the issue 2 months ago when I notice the loading speed while watching videos

Options
2022-03-18 03:52:43 - last edited 2022-03-18 03:54:21

Hello  @LimK 

If Setup Wizard does not work, please try to install the driver manually as following guide below, select 'Realtek RTL8812BU' when install the driver.

How to Manually Install Adapters on Windows 10?

Options
2022-03-18 04:53:10

Hello @Solla-topee 

I can't seem to find the driver with the name you mentioned so I installed the one in the picture below, it kinda improved a little but now I got a new problem.
Everytime I switch to another Wi-Fi the usb ejects and plug back in by itself. It's not that annoying but I want to let you know just incase.

Options
2022-03-18 08:30:58

Hello  @LimK 

thank you for patience with troubleshooting!

• Please try a different USB port for tp-link adapter, like USB 2.0 or USB3.0 
  • Disable other Wi-Fi adapter on the computer except for tp-link adapter. 
  • If you got another PC/ Laptop, can you try this adapter on a different computer, this is to help isolate issue

Personally I think you could also check if there is any Windows update and update to newer Windows version. 

Can I know when did you purchase the adapter, and when did the issue starts? Has this adapter worked with the same computer before? 

Can I have a photo of the motherboard information a photo of driver date? 

Options
2022-03-19 00:45:27 - last edited 2022-03-19 00:46:53

I think I will stick with how the adapter is now since I don't know most of these stuffs, thanks for all the advices before. I also got used to how the internet performs for the past 2 months.

If you're reading this you can try the recommended solution, it might not work for me doesn't means it don't work for everyone.

Options
2022-03-31 20:21:14

Hello  @LimK 

you could test if the adapter could get faster speed when connected to mobile hotspot wfi, if speed it still slow, you might try the adapter on a differnet PC and laptop and see if it works fine on a different computer. If all performs very slow speed, it could be a bad adapter, you could contact retailer or local support to check warranty. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2386

Replies: 7

Related Articles