Archer T3U Plus dropping connection when downloading large files

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-18 16:56:41
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, 
I've recently purchased an Archer T3U plus USB wifi adapter, and have an issue with using it.
When I attempt to download large files, for example Steam games, the connection cuts out altogether after about 15 seconds and then comes back again after a minute or so, again for a few seconds.
This issue is only present when using the 5 GHz wifi band, and not the 2.4 band.
Video streaming, even in 1440p is not an issue and does not cause the connection to disconnect.

The adapter is connected to a PC running Windows 11, it is plugged into a USB3.0 port.
The 5 ghz wifi band works without issues on all my other devices.

I've uninstalled the default Microsoft-issued drivers and performed a clean install of the newest tp-link drivers, to no avail.
I'd be very grateful for any solutions you might suggest.

Kind regards,
Jplichta

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus dropping connection when downloading large files
2022-03-31 20:28:11

Hello @jplichta 

You could try to adjust wifi settings on router, like try a differnet 5Ghz wifi among channel 36 to 48, and change bandwidth settings, like 80Mhz or 40Mhz and see if that helps. 

Try the chipset driver here https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006

If stil the same, can I know does this happen when download from with certain website or all different websites ?

Is there is any error when the connection cuts ,do you mean WiFi connection drops or download connections cuts? Please help provide a photo of driver date and motherboard information, thank you. 

Options
Re:Archer T3U Plus dropping connection when downloading large files
2022-06-04 15:30:47

@jplichta Did you ever find a solution for this?

I was having the same issue as you & it had me stumped.

I found your issue that said it didn't happen on 2.4Ghz and discovered it's the same for me once I turned off 5Ghz. It actually also happens for me when I connect by ethernet.

So of the 3 options only 2.4Ghz can download a 1GB file without crashing

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1659

Replies: 2

Related Articles