Speed decrease the more units you add

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 22:00:14
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can't find details for this from searching, but looking to buy a few PA7017 kits to give me 4/6 units (or nodes). Wondering is the available bandwidth always a 1Gb between each unit or does it decrease the more units you add?

Based on https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/434/ I can add 16 units. So will that always be 1Gb available between each unit? Or goes down X% per unit? Also I would think that if two devices are transferring 1Gb data then another two devices start to do the same, would the speed for all 4 drop to around 500Mb?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed decrease the more units you add
2022-03-22 06:06:47

Hello   @blabley 

All the network devices connected to powerline devices shared the total bandwidth of Wi-Fi router. To make it easier, we could think that  if total 300Mbps bandwidth, Device A use 150Mbps, then Device B only has 150 left; if Device A uses 0, Device B could get 300Mbps.

The advertised AV1000 isl power line rate tested in ideal environment, real powerline rate is less than that (depends on  house power line environment ), and real speed is around 20%-35 % of powerline rate, here is an FAQ that explained the actual speed. 

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 1