Speed to slow even after some troubleshooting, any suggestions?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-21 23:57:27 - last edited 2022-03-28 05:39:41
Model: TL-PA411KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

tried setting up my powerline adapter TL-PA411 but it becomes slow as soon as I go one level up/down
disabled energy saving mode in the tpPLC software (although I can't confirm if I downloaded the software for the correct version as I don't see a v1, 2, 3 or 4 sign on the adapter.
I just downloaded the software version for v1 as my adapter was bought around 2012.)
after putting the adapter directly into the wall socket (or using up to date AC multiplugs) I got it from 300ms to 6ms with 36mbit/s download speed but that's where it caps and devices on our network should normally be at 100mbit/s
Any suggestions on what to do or can you perhaps recommend another powerline adapter?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Speed to slow even after some troubleshooting, any suggestions?-Solution
2022-03-24 21:45:23 - last edited 2022-03-28 05:39:41

Btw, I've read a review that said you can't use Mesh technology when you use the TP link powerline adapter with a Fritzbox Router (which is what I have). Is that a disadvantage? on one hand, I saw an internet provider advertize mesh technology as stronger than powerline and repeaters. On the other hand, I tried turning on mesh functionality using my 2 Fritzbox 7430s and the signal the mesh receiver recieved was weaker and slower than what my phone receives at that distance and on a level with the the powerline adapters' performance.

Update:

When I placed the mesh receiver into the room directly above the mesh transmitter and used my powerline adapter to connect it to my computer on the same floor I did get a significant performance increase (although there's still a lot of room to improve)

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Speed to slow even after some troubleshooting, any suggestions?
2022-03-22 06:16:46 - last edited 2022-03-22 06:17:34

Hello  @ars4l4n 

The distance of powerline gets further, the signal become weaker. The real speed is closely related to the powerline rate between the main and extender powerline unit , here is an FAQ : Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

Please download tpPLC Utlity and check what is the powerline rate. 

If you wish to get higher speed, you may consider AV1300 kit and see if the powerline rate gets higher, but kindly note that powerline signal could get reduce a lot when travels long distance like different floors. 

Options
2022-03-24 21:08:03

@Solla-topee 

hi, the tpPLC utility software shows about the same powerline rate as the values on speedtest.net from my original post

Kay, I'll try the adapter you suggested

Options
Re:Speed to slow even after some troubleshooting, any suggestions?-Solution
2022-03-24 21:45:23 - last edited 2022-03-28 05:39:41

Btw, I've read a review that said you can't use Mesh technology when you use the TP link powerline adapter with a Fritzbox Router (which is what I have). Is that a disadvantage? on one hand, I saw an internet provider advertize mesh technology as stronger than powerline and repeaters. On the other hand, I tried turning on mesh functionality using my 2 Fritzbox 7430s and the signal the mesh receiver recieved was weaker and slower than what my phone receives at that distance and on a level with the the powerline adapters' performance.

Update:

When I placed the mesh receiver into the room directly above the mesh transmitter and used my powerline adapter to connect it to my computer on the same floor I did get a significant performance increase (although there's still a lot of room to improve)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-25 03:58:07

Hello @ars4l4n 

Did you change the location of Mesh receiver to get this resolved? 

I have not heard of that mesh would affect the powerline devices, in fact, in TP-Link OneMesh we have onemesh router & onemesh powerline kit that could work with each other. 

This FAQ lists  some devices that may affect powerline device: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

If you use VDSL line, it is known  mu-mimo powerline may disturb VDSL (while 4 series powerline unit does not have Mu-Mimo

What does Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode do on powerline adapters?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 4

Related Articles