Deco X20 Product Issue - Whatsapp Calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-24 11:56:47 - last edited 2022-06-03 10:14:20
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20220110 Rel. 60118

I have recently purchased DECO AX1800 (set of  2) and now facing a strange problem with Deco Set UP.

It does not allow Whatsapp Audio /Video Calls. However, whatsapp chat works  with no issues. Except  whatsapp all other apps seem to be running well.

Replacing Deco with Netgear or Huawei router instantly solves this issue.

I have also updated my Decos but still the issue is not fixed.

Below are additional details:

1. Service Provider: Airtel Broadband

2. Deco Version: DECO X20, Firmware: 1.0.0 Build 20220110   Rel. 60118

3. Deco X20 is connected with Airtel Modem  (Operation mode is wireless Router)

4. Have also tried disabling the Home shield but it has not resolved the issue

5. In addition, Have also tried disabling the Fast Roaming and Beam Forming but still no luck.

Can anyone be able to provide a fix for this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 Product Issue - Whatsapp Calling-Solution
2022-06-03 10:14:10 - last edited 2022-06-03 10:14:20

@David-TP Thanks David

I have deleted my Previous comment. 

Just FYI - I am able to find the root cause of the problem. Issue was the inbuilt firewall in the modem ( to which Deco was connected).

It was set to High and most likely was trying to block video connection.

We have changed the firewall settings to medium and now whatsapp and Time Sync issues, both are resolved.

My suggestion to all the members who are struggling with similar problem is to check the firewall permissions at modem level or external, if any.  

Regards,

Atul Gupta

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Product Issue - Whatsapp Calling
2022-03-25 02:55:13

@Atul72 

Hi, Did all your devices have the same issue with WhatsAPP Audio/Video calls? Have you got any error messages when they are not working?

And did you also try to turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the devices?

By the way, there is no option to turn off the HomeSheild service and may I know what you have tried to turn it off?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-03-25 08:56:08 - last edited 2022-03-25 09:14:15

@David-TP Thanks David.

[David]: Did all your devices have the same issue with Whatsapp Audio/Video calls? Have you got any error messages when they are not working?

[Atul]: I have tried from two different cell phones (unfortunately both were iPhones) and faced the same issue on both these devices.  

Person who is calling me -> On his/her phone it simply shows "ringing" and on my phone it shows "connecting state" & when i am calling someone it simply shows "ringing" on my phone and "connecting" on the other person's cell. After the call gets disconnected, It does display an message:

"Your Wifi Network prevents whatsapp calls  OR your phone's local network Access setting is disabled. Turn off wifi or enable access settings in Settings->Privacy->Local Network -> Whatsapp and try again"

Please note that Local Network Permissions are already enabled for whatsapp and it works fine if i replace my router.

[David]: And did you also try to turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the devices?

[Atul]: I am not getting any option to disable the Mesh Topology. Is there any thread where i can find this info.

Please note that i have directly connected my Deco with the Modem and it is working as a router, not the repeater/extender. 

By the way, there is no option to turn off the HomeSheild service and may I know what you have tried to turn it off?

[Atul]: Actually i have simply canceled my Home Shield subscription for a temporary period but not sure if it is going to disable it or not.

Whatsapp Response was still the same during that period and later i have reactivated my subscription again.

Regards,
Atul Gupta

Options
2022-05-31 02:12:01

@Atul72 

Hi, nice to see you again.

I see all your feedback has been forwarded to the senior engineers but there is a disagreement with the remote session.

If you still had the same issue, It would be highly appreciated if you could update the following tickets TKID220400516 and TKID220326191.

As for the refund or replacement, it is suggested to contact the local support team for more details.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Deco X20 Product Issue - Whatsapp Calling-Solution
2022-06-03 10:14:10 - last edited 2022-06-03 10:14:20

@David-TP Thanks David

I have deleted my Previous comment. 

Just FYI - I am able to find the root cause of the problem. Issue was the inbuilt firewall in the modem ( to which Deco was connected).

It was set to High and most likely was trying to block video connection.

We have changed the firewall settings to medium and now whatsapp and Time Sync issues, both are resolved.

My suggestion to all the members who are struggling with similar problem is to check the firewall permissions at modem level or external, if any.  

Regards,

Atul Gupta

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1164

Replies: 4

Related Articles