Connected without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 16:38:55
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

On the phone (A52s), when moving around the house (1 x AX90 + 2 x RE605X), the phone maintains the WIFI connection, but when switching between the router and extenders, it loses the external network (connected without the Internet). Disconnecting manually wifi on my phone and turning it on again will restore the connection status to normal (connected) Is this some known mesha problem? My wife has the same problem on her phone.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connected without internet
2022-03-27 01:47:15

@AMak are you using the OneMesh connection? Or did you just configure the device without activating the function?

Options
2022-03-27 05:23:06
I'm using onemesh.
Options
2022-03-27 05:26:42

Options
2022-03-27 05:50:13

@AMak It may seem silly, but do it like this, I do it whenever I use mesh equipment, reset the repeaters, and do the configuration as I'm going to tell you now, do it one at a time and it next to the router, configure one by one, one at a time, configured the first, turn it off and on the second repeater and configure it, I also recommend using the Tether app for that, configured the second, then , you go and take them to the respective places they are now and test again, do that and tell me if it solves the problem, configuring the two connected is not cool until because it's not a single network, there are three networks and it may be that in the configuration you may be connecting it to the other repeater instead of connecting to the router, it seems silly to me but it has happened to me, I restarted the router and when everything went back to normal, the mesh was being made by the repeaters and not them connected to the main router and with that it was giving the same problem that you are having, another tip is try to separate the networks, turn off Smart Connect and also try with the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, each having its SSID .

Options
2022-03-28 01:55:29 - last edited 2022-03-28 07:29:39

@AMak 

May I know do you use WPA3 on main router, if so you could change router security type to WPA2-PSK (AES) and see if that helps. RE605X currently support WPA2, not WPA3 yet.

Here are some other tips to help troubleshoot if a network  device disconnected from Wi-Fi when roam between router and range extender 

• Please a different mobile device, you may try an IOS device if you got one to  to  rule out if its Android device's difficulty with Wi-Fi roaming
  • Enable Smart Connect which helps devices switch from different WiFi band: What is the TP-Link Smart Connect feature and how to enable it? 
  • To isolate the issue, only leave the router and one range extender plugged in 

Can I know the model & OS of your mobile phone, and your wife's phone? What is the firmware and hardware version of router and RE? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 862

Replies: 6

Related Articles