2 x 2 Port Powerline Adaptor - Router Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-26 16:53:42
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Note: This is for the TL-PA7027P Kit.

I have a kit of 2 x AV1000 - each with 2 Ethernet ports.

I had assumed that this was 2 different channels, and required 2 connections to my broadband router.

However, recently I had some issues with the home network, which I identified as being caused by a loop, so started investigating.

Based on advice found on a Virgin support blog (search for "Virgin Supehub 4 and TP-Link TL-PA7027P")

I unplugged one of the connections from the router - and EVERYTHING kept working with my power line plugs, and the network issue was resolved.

This is the correct setup - and it turns out that "spare" port on the inbound adaptor can be used as an "output" for another machine:

Hope this is helpful to others - might be good for TP Link to be more clear about how to set up the multi-port adapters!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:2 x 2 Port Powerline Adaptor - Router Setup
2022-03-28 06:43:42 - last edited 2022-03-28 06:48:48

Hi  @mrNo1r 

Thank you for sharing your finds here! You are right that only one Ethernet cable between router and powerline adapter, two Ethernet cables may cause some loop in the network. 

It is also welcomed to share your thread explaining the correct network topology  in the Story here so its easier to find and could help more users!

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories

Guide below has the a network topology

How to choose a TP-Link Powerline product

Options
Re:2 x 2 Port Powerline Adaptor - Router Setup
2022-04-08 08:47:24

Those multiport PLC adapters technically are regular PLC adapters with a built-in Ethernet switch, and they work exactly like that - as you figured.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 333

Replies: 2

Related Articles