Maddening Passwords saying incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-27 16:26:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is absolutely maddening, the system is set up working fine, if I go to share the password on other Iphones, it works, but manually putting in the password alots for the "Incorrect password: to come up and zero connection. I have changed the password 7 times, including the addition of the phantom space at the end, and still nothing. I have rebooted the entire system, and still nothing.. This is a regular occurrence from what I am reading, so WHY is there no easy solution posted, or a software fix or update of some kind.. I purchased these because of the reviews.. VERY disapointed and frustrated!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Maddening Passwords saying incorrect
2022-03-28 08:47:13 - last edited 2022-03-28 10:18:59

@Jay1972 

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.

Firstly I am sure it is not a "regular issue" and the previous feedback about "incorrect password", mostly turned out a typo when inputting the password.

I tested Deco M5 as well as Deco M4 with and without a blank space or any other special characters with no problems.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, I have provided my email address via private message, and would it be possible to record a video clip of it for me?

And during the test, I do see an interesting issue if my password has phantom space at the end when I manually input the password, it seems to need a little more time than normal letters to recognize it as a part of the password(it takes a little longer to become a black dot in the password column). So the first time, I might be too quick to click "join" before the phantom space is recognized so I had the error"incorrect password".

Moreover, if possible, you could type the password in advance on Notes or Word then make sure the password is the same as what is on the Deco APP, then copy and paste it to the password column.

Thank you and wait for your update.

Best regards.

Options
2022-03-28 17:46:10
Part 2.. Sorry I missed the last part about copying the password.. It's been done, and all the same result.. No access!
Options
2022-03-29 08:17:17

@Jay1972 

Thanks for the update.

Any chance you could share a video clip about the whole process with me?

I have sent you my email address via private message.

Options
2022-05-26 11:47:49

Hi all my apple devices have stopped recognising my main network saying incorrect password! All devices will recognise the guest network and login. Changed password several times & turned off 5GHz dut no joy. Changing from WPA2-PSK(AES) to +WPA-PSK(TKIP)does not help. Very frustrating!   @David-TP  

David-TP wrote

@Jay1972 

Hi, Thank you for your feedback.

Firstly I am sure it is not a "regular issue" and the previous feedback about "incorrect password", mostly turned out a typo when inputting the password.

I tested Deco M5 as well as Deco M4 with and without a blank space or any other special characters with no problems.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, I have provided my email address via private message, and would it be possible to record a video clip of it for me?

And during the test, I do see an interesting issue if my password has phantom space at the end when I manually input the password, it seems to need a little more time than normal letters to recognize it as a part of the password(it takes a little longer to become a black dot in the password column). So the first time, I might be too quick to click "join" before the phantom space is recognized so I had the error"incorrect password".

Moreover, if possible, you could type the password in advance on Notes or Word then make sure the password is the same as what is on the Deco APP, then copy and paste it to the password column.

Thank you and wait for your update.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 377

Replies: 4

Related Articles