Archer T9UK dropping out regularly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-28 08:58:33 - last edited 2022-03-28 13:04:32
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1030.22.405.2017

Hi,

When using TP-Link Archer T9UH, the wifi drops out at regular intervals during teams calls (most noticeably, possibly at other times as well but I haven't noticed). This issue occurred when plugged into my desktop but also when plugged into my laptop dock, so it's not an issue with the hardware it is plugged into. I don't see these issues when using the wifi adapter built-in to the laptop, so I think it must be the TP-Link adapter.

I've updated to the latest firmware version but it didn't help. Any advice?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer T9UK dropping out regularly-Solution
2022-03-28 13:04:25 - last edited 2022-03-28 13:04:32

@DanHarvey managed to solve it using latest drivers - windows wasn't automatically selecting the latest driver even after installing it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-26 00:58:22 - last edited 2022-05-06 07:56:04

Hello  @DanHarvey 

Here is a chipset driver for Archer T9UH, you could give it a try and see if it helps improve the performance. 

Realtek Chipset Driver for T9UH (Win7/Win10)

If still the same, can you help confirm  some information here for us to investigate further

1. When the connection lost, was the Wi-Fi still connected but no internet or speed drops to 0? 

2. How can you recover the connection,for example manually reconnect Wifi or it will recover itself.

3. Does this only happen when you use video call, what software do you use when the issue occurs. How often does that happen 
 Please send us a photo of  the driver version and computer system information by referring to this FAQ :           https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Recommended Solution
Options
15 Reply
Re:Archer T9UK dropping out regularly
2022-03-28 09:05:01

@DanHarvey for comparison, this is network performance using laptop wifi adapter, during a video call (hence the higher throughput). Same location, same wifi etc.

Options
2022-03-28 13:04:25 - last edited 2022-03-28 13:04:32

@DanHarvey managed to solve it using latest drivers - windows wasn't automatically selecting the latest driver even after installing it.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-29 03:02:21

@DanHarvey Great work! yes May I have a chance to know which driver get concern resolved, do you use T9UH official driver or any chipset driver or any driver found by Windows? 

Options
2022-03-29 08:05:10 - last edited 2022-04-25 09:12:54

@Solla-topee I really struggled to work out how to force windows to use the TP-link driver, it just told me that the driver it was already using was the right one. In the end by pressing "update driver" and then "browse manually" and then "let me pick from a list of available drivers" I happened to choose one that was there that worked. It is a windows driver I think, 1030.38.712.2019

Options
2022-03-31 19:32:38

thank you @DanHarvey for the update! glad to know windows driver works in your case.

Options
2022-04-25 09:11:45

@Solla-topee the issue has now resurfaced with the same driver installed. Not really sure where to go now!

Options
2022-04-26 00:58:22 - last edited 2022-05-06 07:56:04

Hello  @DanHarvey 

Here is a chipset driver for Archer T9UH, you could give it a try and see if it helps improve the performance. 

If still the same, can you help confirm  some information here for us to investigate further

1. When the connection lost, was the Wi-Fi still connected but no internet or speed drops to 0? 

2. How can you recover the connection,for example manually reconnect Wifi or it will recover itself.

3. Does this only happen when you use video call, what software do you use when the issue occurs. How often does that happen 
 Please send us a photo of  the driver version and computer system information by referring to this FAQ :           https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-06 07:55:56

@Solla-topee thank you, it looks like that latest driver has done the trick. I'll be in touch if it starts dropping out again!

Options
2022-05-07 02:12:26

@DanHarvey Glad to know the driver helps, Feel free to let us know for any further observations. laugh

Options
2022-07-06 13:18:24 - last edited 2022-07-06 13:20:43

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @DanHarvey 

@Solla-topee 

Hello!

I bought the T9UH yesterday and had been having the issue whereby the connection would randomly drop out when connected to 5G. It's like the driver goes off searching for 4G even though you've told it not to and it gives up when it can't find it. After trying numerous posted solutions, installing the above driver does seem to have worked. At least it hasn't dropped out yet. This issue has been going on since the T4UH and I'm really surprised that it still persists to this day.

From what I can tell, the one common denominator in all this seems to be Realtek, great at hardware maybe, rubbish at compiling drivers. I swear I had an old Asus years ago where drivers were causing the same type of issue. If you are developing the T9UH V3 or even a T10UH, either don't use a Realtek chipset or at least compile drivers that work straight out of the box.

Anyway

Many thanks for posting your driver, fingers crossed it keeps working!

CHEERS!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 951

Replies: 15