Router internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Router internet keeps dropping
2022-07-26 15:41:55

Kevin_Z wrote

HaShLo wrote

@Flipz @Kevin_Z 

i have the same issue for a few weeks now and it was not so instable ever. i think the last firmware is the problem cause the 1.0.9 was very stable or a version before 1.0.9. Now i had the Firmware 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4555) and installed now the Beta Version Kevin, what you have suggested.

I cant say if the problem is the internet connection or the wifi because i dont have any devices connected over ethernet so i cannot test it but what i think is that the problem is the wifi, because i use the archer ax55 as access point with DHCP off or auto.

There is a Fritzbox( another german modem/router )  before connected as the main modem/router and this has also wifi activated, his wifi is very stable and there is no internet connection issues. I also already switched both wifi channels in both router to a static wifi frequency channel and not auto, so they cannot disrupt each other, but the problem still exists....

Therefore i think its the Wifi Module of my Archer AX55. By the way i have the Hardware-Version V1. I saw that their exist a V2, but i have the V1  

i flashed now the beta, so i will look, if its better now, otherwise i would write again. I already opened a ticket at German Support Team, i would wait what they say to this ( TKID220719420 )

And how i said this issue was not there at the beginning, it was very stable and everything was fine. I dont know which version exactly but one of the firmware did this issue, i am sure.

@HaShLo Please let me know if the issue persists, then we can take further steps, thanks. 

When reporting back, can you please confirm if the wireless devices that are connected to the AX55 wifi still get valid IP addresses when they lose internet access? How about the internet LED on the AX55 when the issue happens? Will it turn orange?

@Kevin_Z 

So, several days now passed where i tested the beta Firmware. i noticed several things, which i want to describe.

Topic Internet Connection in General or Wifi Connection in General:
The most of time the connection is stable now, but there is sometimes still the connection issues and if the connection is lost i noticed that this device is connected via 2.4 Ghz instead of 5 Ghz ( I have the mixed option activated by the way). During this i picked a device which is at that time connected via 5 Ghz, result no issues.
So i can say the 2.4 Ghz is buggy and 5 Ghz is stable.

Topic LED Orange:
At the beginning after i flashed the beta the Internet LED was orange all time but the connection was stable but since few days i dont know why the Internet LED is green ( i didnt changed anything ) and here the internet connection is still stable but here i also noticed randomly occuring disconnections but the LED is still green or i was to slow to observe it. Therefore dont know if its switching to orange if the disconnection appears for some seconds.

Topic valid IP Address:

Because i use the TP-Link Router as Access Point with DHCP deactivated or as auto. All the devices in my network gets there IP Address of my Router which is connected to the internet and where is DHCP activated of course. So at that Point all my devices gets a valid ip addresses even if the disconnection appears.

Summary: 

All in all, I can report that the beta firmware is more stable than the last firmware, even if there are sometimes disconnections for a few seconds. The idea would be to turn off 2.4 Ghz and try the whole thing only with 5 Ghz. But that won't work in my case, because I have devices in my network that are only 2.4 Ghz capable. Alternative what I could do is to enable and to use 2.4 Ghz in the first router only and in the TP-Link router to enable 5 Ghz only. i have to look if that is possible to do for my devices in my network cause of distance.

Options
2022-07-27 11:34:00

@HaShLo 

Thank you very much for the detailed and thorough testing and description for the beta firmware, we really appreciate it.

Please monitor if the 5G and internet connection are stable since you are disabling the 2.4G network now, do let me know if this works in your environment.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-08-06 00:14:08

Kevin_Z wrote

@HaShLo 

Thank you very much for the detailed and thorough testing and description for the beta firmware, we really appreciate it.

Please monitor if the 5G and internet connection are stable since you are disabling the 2.4G network now, do let me know if this works in your environment.

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

i tested several days now only 5 Ghz wifi without 2.4 Ghz with the beta firmware in my environment.

All devices have now stable connection, there is no disconnection issues.

But for long-term it would be very nice if the mixed version ( 5 + 2,4 Ghz ) wifi works again without issues. ;)

Thank you guys.

i hope, i can helped

Options
2022-08-08 11:44:53

@HaShLo 

Sure, we will put a high priority on this kind of feedback about the AX55 2.4G connectivity and update here once we have some clue or solution.

BTW, can you confirm if you have tried different 2.4G wireless channels on the AX55? 2.4G could be congested in some environments, so it's suggested to modify and choose a clearer channel to avoid interference with others, then monitor the connectivity.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX55 internet keeps dropping
2022-09-20 14:40:18
Hi, can you please confirm if the beta firmware is newer than the currently available version? Currently Build 20220621 rel.71166 is available from the main download site (with a newer release date) However this beta version seems to be a newer build version, can you please clarify which is newer?
Options
2022-09-22 02:32:36

SamBurd wrote

Hi, can you please confirm if the beta firmware is newer than the currently available version? Currently Build 20220621 rel.71166 is available from the main download site (with a newer release date) However this beta version seems to be a newer build version, can you please clarify which is newer?

@SamBurd  Thank you very much for inquiring.

The official version is newer than the beta version I previously provided in this thread, and I have just updated it, please upgrade to the latest official version if you're experiencing an issue.

Options
2022-10-07 12:50:58

@Kevin_Z When I download from my local website (Denmark), i do still get version 1.0.7 (20220120)....

Options
2022-10-08 02:56:27

mfren wrote

@Kevin_Z When I download from my local website (Denmark), i do still get version 1.0.7 (20220120)....

@mfren I believe your hardware should be Archer AX55(EU), so you can download and install the latest firmware from the global website as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-ax55/v1/#Firmware

BTW, you can also check for the updates on your router web GUI if you have connected it to the internet fine. Below is the guide to upgrade the router firmware:

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers

Regarding the firmware upload issue on the local website, we will report it to the local website admin to confirm and update it. Thank you very much.

Options
2022-11-04 04:07:20

@Kevin_Z still same issue. This firmware did not help. What can I do more? :(

Options
2022-11-04 06:55:44 - last edited 2022-11-04 06:57:27

@Eimantas 

Sorry to hear it's still not working properly.

Unfortunately I returned the AX55 and purchased another brand router due to the issues I was having. The logs on the AX55 are terrible as they don't tell you anything and they clear themselves after a reboot. The homeshield subscription is also something which also killed it for me as I went for a router with lifetime protection with no subscription.

I hope support get back to you soon with a resolution.

Options
Related Articles