Router internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 internet keeps dropping
2022-07-13 05:36:18

@Kevin_Z so the setup as follows: ISP cable comes in and goes into an old router. The old router is then sharing the connection to the TP Link AX55 via ethernet cable. Old router runs as normal, no issues with that at all. AX55 is set as VPN Client via OpenVPN settings for a few of my devices which are connected via WiFi. After the beta firmware update the issue was gone for a day, then yesterday it just happened again. Teardown and release, no VPN on AX55 until it recovers which is approximately 2 minutes. Within this time I still have internet access, but not VPN secured, connected devices are showing my real IP. Log files show that not only WiFi but complete WAN is off for a few seconds during the issue, after the router recovers the device uptime counter resets to 0.

Options
2022-07-13 06:02:34

@Peterlolz 

Does this mean the internet connection on the AX55 is stable but the VPN connection drops? 

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-13 06:14:29
Well, I wouldn't call it stable. The teardown and release issue only happens on my AX55, with the same setting I've never had problems on my older ASUS router which I used before as VPN Client. Therefore VPN provider blames the router for the issue.
Options
2022-07-15 03:50:34
I still have issues with the wi-fi connection. It gets way better if I disable the "Smart Connect". Sounds like this feature is causing me issues. I would like to hear from the others that got the beta firmware if this issue got resolved.
Options
2022-07-15 12:58:03

Nothing got resolved via the tech support. They only sent me template emails about changing cables and trying different ports, even though I told them I've done all that already. I'm a sys admin, I see enough bull**** at work thank you very much. Only thing I'm regretting at this point is not ordering an ASUS, but I will be wiser next time.

Options
2022-07-18 09:50:02

Peterlolz wrote

Nothing got resolved via the tech support. They only sent me template emails about changing cables and trying different ports, even though I told them I've done all that already. I'm a sys admin, I see enough bull**** at work thank you very much. Only thing I'm regretting at this point is not ordering an ASUS, but I will be wiser next time.

@Peterlolz I believe the support engineers provided other suggestions via email, as they need to have a detailed and specific layout then they should provide further suggestions or solutions for you, can you please follow their suggestions and reply to them directly?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router internet keeps dropping
2022-07-19 11:26:55 - last edited 2022-07-19 11:29:57

@Flipz @Kevin_Z 

i have the same issue for a few weeks now and it was not so instable ever. i think the last firmware is the problem cause the 1.0.9 was very stable or a version before 1.0.9. Now i had the Firmware 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4555) and installed now the Beta Version Kevin, what you have suggested.

I cant say if the problem is the internet connection or the wifi because i dont have any devices connected over ethernet so i cannot test it but what i think is that the problem is the wifi, because i use the archer ax55 as access point with DHCP off or auto.

There is a Fritzbox( another german modem/router )  before connected as the main modem/router and this has also wifi activated, his wifi is very stable and there is no internet connection issues. I also already switched both wifi channels in both router to a static wifi frequency channel and not auto, so they cannot disrupt each other, but the problem still exists....

Therefore i think its the Wifi Module of my Archer AX55. By the way i have the Hardware-Version V1. I saw that their exist a V2, but i have the V1  

i flashed now the beta, so i will look, if its better now, otherwise i would write again. I already opened a ticket at German Support Team, i would wait what they say to this ( TKID220719420 )

And how i said this issue was not there at the beginning, it was very stable and everything was fine. I dont know which version exactly but one of the firmware did this issue, i am sure.

Options
2022-07-19 20:30:09

For what it's worth, I was having the exact same problem reported by OP, with the same system logs.

Flashed the beta firmware provided and haven't had the problem since.

Options
2022-07-20 03:11:57

HaShLo wrote

@Flipz @Kevin_Z 

i have the same issue for a few weeks now and it was not so instable ever. i think the last firmware is the problem cause the 1.0.9 was very stable or a version before 1.0.9. Now i had the Firmware 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4555) and installed now the Beta Version Kevin, what you have suggested.

I cant say if the problem is the internet connection or the wifi because i dont have any devices connected over ethernet so i cannot test it but what i think is that the problem is the wifi, because i use the archer ax55 as access point with DHCP off or auto.

There is a Fritzbox( another german modem/router )  before connected as the main modem/router and this has also wifi activated, his wifi is very stable and there is no internet connection issues. I also already switched both wifi channels in both router to a static wifi frequency channel and not auto, so they cannot disrupt each other, but the problem still exists....

Therefore i think its the Wifi Module of my Archer AX55. By the way i have the Hardware-Version V1. I saw that their exist a V2, but i have the V1  

i flashed now the beta, so i will look, if its better now, otherwise i would write again. I already opened a ticket at German Support Team, i would wait what they say to this ( TKID220719420 )

And how i said this issue was not there at the beginning, it was very stable and everything was fine. I dont know which version exactly but one of the firmware did this issue, i am sure.

@HaShLo Please let me know if the issue persists, then we can take further steps, thanks. 

When reporting back, can you please confirm if the wireless devices that are connected to the AX55 wifi still get valid IP addresses when they lose internet access? How about the internet LED on the AX55 when the issue happens? Will it turn orange?

Options
2022-07-20 03:14:53

krashlog wrote

For what it's worth, I was having the exact same problem reported by OP, with the same system logs.

Flashed the beta firmware provided and haven't had the problem since.

@krashlog Please also let me know if the issue persists, thanks.

Meanwhile, it would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details about the disconnect or dropping issue you are experiencing.

Options