Powerline doesn't work while downloadin anything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 10:09:36
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_751012_181123_901

Whenever i start a download, being connected to the powerline, the modem restarts every 2 minutes. If i start a download being connected directly to the modem it works as it should be. If i change the modem with another and i start a download being connected to the powerline it works as it should be. I can't find the firmware and the tplink support is ignoring me... Please help

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline doesn't work while downloadin anything
2022-04-18 07:58:47

Hello   @Edwuard 

Thank you for your valuable feedback. As the modem reboots, it is recommended to reach modem support for some advanced troubleshooting like diagnosing the router log. 

Please connect same network device directly to router and download the same file and see modem/ router reboots? 

If still the same, 1) can I know the model of router , and the network topology, e.g.

Router Archer C7 <Ethernet> TL-PA7017P downstairs _____ PA7017P upstairs<Ethernet>Windows PC

2) May I know what software/ website do you use to download file, does this happen when you download large - files, what is the size & format of the file? e.g.2Gb Mbps4 from xx website. 

Options
2022-04-19 18:46:38
i don't know the model of the router, it's a Tim one... the topology is router to powerline with ethernet and on the same floor there is the other powerline to pc with etnernet, (it's around 10m away from the router) but i tried connecting the pc with ethernet or wireless and it makes no difference. About the software or website, i tried different softwares and different file sizes on different websites, like steam, google chrome, ubisoft connect,epic games launcher, xbox launcher... same problem. i also tried to change the ethernets, but nothing. the powerline and the router are the same, in the same position since a couple of years but i never had problems. anyway i tried to put the router slightly far away from the powerline, connected with ethernet... but again the same problem
Options
2022-04-26 05:43:19

Hello  @Edwuard 

Thank you for more case details.  Is a new PC/ new network adapter that had a download, you could bypass powerline device and check if modem reboots when that device connect to router directly and start to download. In my opinion, it could to be  some issue with modem and required some further debug with the help from modem support. Feel free to let us know for any further observation.

Options
2022-04-26 10:15:58 - last edited 2022-04-26 10:26:46

Same pc, same network, same everything for 2 years... the problem came out from nowhere. i already tried to download any type of file,and any size, directly from the router but it works as it should be. the problem came out when i download a file being connected to the powerline. by the way i already call the modem support and they said everything works 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 7

Related Articles