Archer VR600 V3 vs BT Smart Hub 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-12 20:12:29 - last edited 2022-04-13 01:05:48
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have just ordered the Archer VR600 V3 to replace my Smart Hub 2 and I'm just wondering if it was a good choice? The main reason I decided to upgrade is my connection drops very often, and when it reconnects my sync speed has dropped and I need to reconnect again to get my full speed. I have had countless BT engineer out who cannot find a problem so I figured I'd try a 3rd party router.

My main questions are, is the router still being supported? Is it a better overall spec compared to the SH2 and should I see increased stability? And while my main PC is connected via Ethernet I do use the wireless on my phone/tablet, how is the Archer VR600 V3 compared to the SH2 in this regard?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR600 V3 vs BT Smart Hub 2
2022-04-12 22:03:55 - last edited 2022-04-13 01:05:48

@Steve.H 

Hey

If you have purchased the v3 version it came out in 2020 so should be supported for a while yet.  It had it last update in Oct 2021 but home grade equipment doesnt get updated as much as business grade so that's not unusual.

In answer to your question, I had BT FTTC with the Smart Hub and one of the first things I done was to replace it with the VR400 (your ones little brother) and this worked flawlessly for 3 years I had it...    In terms of spec, they are similar if honest, but personally I have always had better results with non ISP hardware, the BT hubs are grand... but perfere the TP Link stuff

If its resyncing the line however, that indicates its detecting a fault and going to fail safe speeds...  its worth a try changing it tbh but not a guarantee

Options
Re:Archer VR600 V3 vs BT Smart Hub 2
2022-04-12 22:57:30 - last edited 2022-04-13 01:05:48

@Philbert Yeah it's the V3 I have ordered.

At this point I'm just trying everything I can to get a stable connection. I have had Openreach engineers out countless times and they always tell me the same thing, they can't find the problem. The issue is it's a very intermittent fault, my connection can be perfect for weeks but then go to hell and drop constantly. I have replaced the network card and all the cables, so I figured why not try a 3rd party router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 938

Replies: 2

Related Articles