Introducing AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router Archer AXE75

2022-04-15 12:12:10 - last edited 2022-10-21 03:29:58
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

Wi-Fi 6E routers are coming! We're excited and happy to announce the official launch of Archer AXE75 here with our community users!

Armed with the latest Wi-Fi 6E technology with its unique 6GHz band, Archer AXE75 delivers broad coverage and high performance with the HomeShield security system. Equipped with a powerful chipset, Archer AXE75 enables you to enjoy future innovations like AR/VR, multiple 8K streaming, and more.

Appearance and Hardware

• Cutting-Edge Processing – Armed with a 1.7 GHz Quad-Core CPU, giving fast connections with minimal latency even under heavy loads. Every click and tap on your laptop or phone responds quicker.

• 6× high-performance antennas – Boost Wi-Fi signals throughout your home and deliver Wi-Fi speeds up to 5400 Mbps.

• SuperSpeed USB 3.0 – Up to 10× faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0.

• 3 separate Wi-Fi signal LEDs – Simply displays the Wi-Fi ON/OFF status and allow you to distinguish which signal is on which is off.

Highlights

• Wi-Fi 6E Tri-Band Wi-FiThe brand new 6 GHz band brings more bandwidth, faster speeds, and near-zero latency. Curious about 6 GHz? Visit An Introduction to 6-GHz Wi-Fi, you will get a better understanding of this new innovative technology and how it helps with your network speed and performance. Note: Wi-Fi 6E is hardware-dependent, it requires your system and wireless card' support at the chipset level. Click here to find the questions you may want to ask.

• OneMesh™  – Creates a Mesh network by connecting to a TP-Link OneMesh router for seamless whole-home coverage.

• TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link's premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection.

• WPA3 – More secure encryption in Wi-Fi password safety and enhanced protection against brute-force attacks combine to safeguard your home network.

• VPN Server & VPN Client – The VPN Server allows you to access your home network in a secured way through internet when you are out of home. It offers two ways to set up a VPN connection: OpenVPN and PPTP. The VPN Client allows devices in your home network to access remote VPN servers without installing VPN client software on each device. Archer AXE75 supports three types of VPN Clients: OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP over IPSec.

Where to buy

Check if Archer AXE75 is available on the local TP-Link website first, if yes, look for "Where to buy" on the website, or search for 'AXE75' in the local stores or online shops. 

Want to know more about Archer AXE75 specifications? Visit Archer AXE75 Specifications or User Guide.

Comment below if you have more inquiries.

Related Articles:

What is WiFi 6E

Wi-Fi 6E — A New Frontier of Wi-Fi 6

Should You Upgrade to WiFi 6E?

4 Things to Know Before You Buy a WiFi 6E Router

WiFi 6E Routers are Coming: Should I Replace My Current Router?

What’s the difference between WiFi 6 and WiFi 6E

Options
24 Reply
Re:Introducing AXE5400 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6E Router Archer AXE75
2022-05-21 08:24:56
This router has been on the "Coming soon"-list for quite a while. When will the EU model be available at retailers?
Options
2022-05-23 03:26:06

datanomad wrote

This router has been on the "Coming soon"-list for quite a while. When will the EU model be available at retailers?

@datanomad I guess you'd better consult with the local sales department, who may answer the questions for you. 

Options
2022-07-23 13:48:18 - last edited 2022-07-23 17:40:50

I have this router and is not very impressive performance. Performance over 6 Ghz was weak even near the router, weak upload speed. This is my first tp-link router. I hope tp-link will improve performance and stability over firmware

Options
2022-07-25 03:08:44

christer12 wrote

I have this router and is not very impressive performance. Performance over 6 Ghz was weak even near the router, weak upload speed. This is my first tp-link router. I hope tp-link will improve performance and stability over firmware

@christer12 Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I know how did you test the 6 GHz signal? What kind of wireless adapter works with the AXE75? Can I have its brand and model?

How about the upload speed you expected? And what is the upload speed you paid for on the internet?

Options
2022-07-27 12:41:13

@Kevin_Z I get 400 to 500 Mbps up 200 to 400 Mbps down in same room as the router. Upload speed drops and are unstable. Have fiber and paid for 750/750 Mbps.

My devices on 6 Ghz is Motorola Edge Pro 30 and laptop with Intel AX210. Expected the router to handle at least 750 Mbps. Isn't this a Gigabit Wi-Fi? And why does it not have MU-MIMO? MU-MIMO is essential for Wi-Fi 6E.

Options
2022-07-28 09:36:42

christer12 wrote

@Kevin_Z I get 400 to 500 Mbps up 200 to 400 Mbps down in same room as the router. Upload speed drops and are unstable. Have fiber and paid for 750/750 Mbps.

My devices on 6 Ghz is Motorola Edge Pro 30 and laptop with Intel AX210. Expected the router to handle at least 750 Mbps. Isn't this a Gigabit Wi-Fi? And why does it not have MU-MIMO? MU-MIMO is essential for Wi-Fi 6E.

@christer12 AXE75 does support MU-MIMO, and it is enabled by default.

Regarding the 6G speed, can I have a screenshot of the 6G wireless settings on the AXE75? You can mask the credentials, such as SSID and password.

Meanwhile, please check what is the wireless link speed when the AX210 is connected to the 6G network, you can check the link speed as follows:

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

What if you connect to the 5G? What is the download and upload speed on the Motorola Edge Pro 30 and laptop with Intel AX210? How about the link speed? Thank you.

Options
2022-07-28 20:17:23

@Kevin_Z This is my speed 1 meter away from router. Ping is good, but speed is poorly for my 750/750 Mbps. This is on 6 GHz band, but 5 GHz band is not much better.

Here is my settings:

More settnings:

Sometimes network drops:

Speed is poor:

Options
2022-07-29 01:55:12

@christer12 

Thank you very much for the detailed information. One more question, have you updated the driver of the AX210 to the latest version? Or reinstall the latest driver from Intel, then check the speed again.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-07-29 10:35:59

@Kevin_Z  Already have the latest driver

Options
2022-08-02 04:07:35 - last edited 2022-08-02 12:30:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hi There,

The 6G band doesn't support WPA/WPA2-Enterprise security mode.

It's a nice router, but I got a problem, the 6G band is only support Enhanced open and WPA3-Personal security mode.

Can't set 6G band to WPA/WPA2-Enterprise mode, only can set 2.4G/5G band to use WPA/WPA2-Enterprise security mode to use Radius server authenticate.

Wow, what a design?! How can I set 6G band same as 2.4G/5G to use authenticate radius server?

Question: if a future firmware update could support 6G same authenticate method as 2.4G/5G? and why has such kind of security design?

Options