Deco M9 mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 mesh
Deco M9 mesh
2022-04-17 16:38:17 - last edited 2022-04-17 16:39:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.12.5

Hi all,

Since a month of 6 I'm three owner of a deco m9 set. All works well, except the mesh option. 

I am wondering, if it is mandatory to connect all the sattelite Deco's to the main deco? If yes, than my question is answered.

If no, how would this work with the setup. I've got now 2 Deco's in use (got 4) one at the incoming home connection, and one in the scullery. When connecting the 3rd a few feet away from the scullery, it will connect to the poor reception of the main deco, instead of the good connection of the scullery deco.

Does anyone have the same issues? And how dot you overcome this?

Kind regards,

Ben

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 mesh
2022-04-18 09:47:39

@Bigglea 

Welcome to the community.

It is suggested to have a look at this link:

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

So satellite Deco is not designed to connect to the main Deco only.

For your case, could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Stand next to where the 3rd Deco is and connect the smartphone to main Deco and the 2nd satellite Deco separately.

2. Then run a speedtest on the smartphone to the main Deco and the 2nd satellite Deco unit.

Please refer to the Deco APP and make sure it is connected to the related Deco.

If the speed from the 2nd satellite is much better and stable, you could send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the requested information in the recommended solution.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 276

Replies: 1

Related Articles