Tp-link ax73 parental control got worst

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 14:27:31 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:14:19
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

Hi, ever since I (upgraded) to AX73 from AX50, the experience for the parental control just got worst.

had to manually press block it in the app to work as the simple sleep time now no longer works and seems to force me to subscribe to the homeshield.angry

why are features being lock and require subscription?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp-link ax73 parental control got worst
2022-04-22 10:07:25

@DonkeyKong 

Archer AX73 has switched support from HomeCare to HomeShield. HomeCare launched first and is powered by Trend Micro, you can find more details here. HomeShield launched in 2021 if I remember that correctly and is powered by Avira, its features are discussed here.

Both HomeCare and HomeShield do offer fairly comparable features, and HomeSheild is more geared toward an IoT environment and also is a subscription-based service, it has more advanced and powerful user functionality with more detailed reporting. This is where the value for the subscription really comes in. Also, it features a network scanner to ensure your network is protected. These functions are not available in HomeCare.    

Options
Re:Tp-link ax73 parental control got worst
2022-04-25 03:06:35 - last edited 2022-04-25 03:09:01

@Kevin_Z 

this is plain horrible, dont see anything is better with homeshield other than the add-on reports which is useless for me (maybe not others), things that were possible in ax50, such as parental control for weekdays and weekend timing, now is a paid feature!

regret "upgrading" to ax73,

things that were free feature in the past, but now is bundle as a homeshield subscription feature.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Related Articles