Archer AX10 Parental control time schedule not working with British Summer Time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-20 16:39:34 - last edited 2022-06-09 02:42:05
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Since moving over to daylight saving time, internet schedule is not working correctly in parental controls.

I have to offset all of my time by -1 hr.

System time reports correct time.

Daylight saving time settings all set correctly

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer AX10 Parental control time schedule not working with British Summer Time -Solution
2022-04-21 18:38:20 - last edited 2022-04-22 07:59:20
It's working I think. Not sure which fix it was though. I disabled and reenabled DST. I also found that I did have scheduled reboot - which I have also disabled. Will I have to keep that turned off?
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 Parental control time schedule not working with British Summer Time
2022-04-21 07:15:52

@WebTech 

Can I know which Time Zone are you in and what is the Time Zone you've chosen on the router? 

Do you enable Reboot Schedule on the router, or do you reboot the router regularly? Please try to disable the Reboot Schedule, disable Daylight Saving, then enable Daylight Saving again, don't reboot the router, monitor if the Parental Control schedule works properly.

Options
Re:Archer AX10 Parental control time schedule not working with British Summer Time
2022-04-21 18:11:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin

I am in UTC 0 and that is what the router time zone is set to.

Reboot schedule is not used - no I do not reboot regularly - just if I am having any issues.

I will try to disable DST then re-enable and see if it works any differently.

Options
Re:Archer AX10 Parental control time schedule not working with British Summer Time -Solution
2022-04-21 18:38:20 - last edited 2022-04-22 07:59:20
It's working I think. Not sure which fix it was though. I disabled and reenabled DST. I also found that I did have scheduled reboot - which I have also disabled. Will I have to keep that turned off?
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-04-22 07:58:35

@WebTech 

That's great to know. 

Please leave the Reboot Schedule off and don't reboot the router to monitor the Daylight Saving, if the issue gets back after the router is rebooted next time, you can try disabling DST then re-enable it again.

You can check for new firmware updates in the future and see how this will be improved. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 4