Connecting to the adapter/extender AV600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-28 08:20:50
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a problem with connection on my TL-WPA4221KIT. The main powerline adapter is connected via ethernet to the router upstairs and I have three extenders throughout the house. I think everything is paired correctly (all 3 lights are on) because the two downstairs and the other (in a far room of the house) are all working excellently (full signal and fast internet). But when I try to use the internet wirelessly in the office upstairs (sitting right next to the main powerline adapter and the router) the connection is really slow. (I also have a main computer in the office that connects via ethernet and provides fast internet). I have a feeling that I'm still connecting to the extender downstairs. Could this be and how can I solve it? Apologies for my lack of technical knowhow or jargon. Please advise. Thank you. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connecting to the adapter/extender AV600
2022-05-05 10:52:13

hello  @Ranny 

sorry for the late reply, you could download tpPLC Utlility and change a different WiFi SSID for the wireless powerline unit, so you could identify if network device is connected to router/ wifi powerline unit. 

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Options
2022-05-05 11:14:32

@Solla-topee Thank you so much for your reply. I wonder if you could translate that into really basic speak for me. I have the tpPLC app on my phone now but I have no idea how to go about what you suggest (and I'm nervous about making a mess of the whole thing as I have done before!. Thank you for your patience with such an untechy person.

Options
2022-05-05 11:36:05

@Ranny 

By setting up a different Wi-Fi name for your TL-WPA4220 the wifi powerline unit, you could tell if  the laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi of router, or Wi-Fi of WPA4220. You could change the WiFi name for Wi-Fi powerline unit as instruction here with tpPLC app. 

How to Change Wireless Setting Using the tpPLC App (Smartphone)?

Options
2022-05-05 11:51:21

Hi @Solla-topee Thank you again for your help. I followed the instructions but when I get to number 4 I don't see the WiFi settings in the menu. All I see is what I have attached here. I really appreciate your help with this. Thank you

File:
What I see.jpegDownload
Options
2022-05-07 05:57:12

Hello  @Ranny  TL-WPA4221KIT has a WPA4220 the wireless unit, and a PA4010 the wired unit connected to router.

You should see 2 powerline unit on the tpPLC APP, from the photo you are at the page of wired unit PA4010 , can you go to WPA4220's page and change wifi settings there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 5

Related Articles