Reset M4 decos, how to start fresh with setup. App no help.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-30 00:14:07

I set up the Deco M4 the other day but kept having connectivity issues, which now seems to be related to losing a valid IP configuration.

Anyway, in the troubleshooting process, I reset the 3 deco units but when I go to the Deco App (which doesn't always connect to the cloud), it just states "We couldnt find Deco" and then "Something went wrong with the Cloud service. Please try again."

I really want to get this set up again. They are paperweights right now and I have no Wi-Fi at all.

How do I start from scratch with the set-up? Before I couldn't access the cloud at all, it looked like one of the Deco units was still listed there too.

Also, I used the same network from my old Orbi set up. Should I have created a different network or does it matter? I assumed it didn't.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Reset M4 decos, how to start fresh with setup. App no help.
2022-05-05 05:53:08

@mskatz Hi, Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please refer to this link to delete the current network from Deco APP:

How to delete a network on the Deco APP--situation one

2. Then hold the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s to perform a hardware reset.

3. Wait untill the LED turns to blinking blue and you could begin to set it up again on the Deco APP.

If the old Orbi router is no longer connected, it does not matter to use the same SSID and password of Orbi.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 906

Replies: 1

Related Articles