Votes

uPnP Port Forwarding

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Deco app needs a UI to show details of all UPnP managed ports. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

uPnP Port Forwarding

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Deco app needs a UI to show details of all UPnP managed ports. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
uPnP Port Forwarding
uPnP Port Forwarding
2022-05-05 17:37:28 - last edited 2024-01-09 09:01:12

I have a device using uPnP in order to open ports (Port forwarding) on my M9 Deco. all is working great. however - when looking at the M9 application - I don't see any of the port that the remote device opened for itself. I know that these are open since I can reach the service the device is publishing. If this is by design - it's a major security flaw which enables every attcker to use uPnP to freely open ports without the user knowladge (and yes... I'm fully aware that the best practice for uPnP is "Don't"). did anyone encounted the same?

Options
1 Reply
Re:uPnP Port Forwarding
2022-05-06 08:45:04 - last edited 2024-01-09 08:58:35

@SecurIT 

Welcome to the community.

I see a feature request about UPNP before and the user wished to list all the devices and ports that used UPNP when it is enabled, and I think you might have the same request.

It has been reported to senior engineers before and no further update has been reported back.

And On the Deco APP>Overview>settings on the top left>Deco lab>Wi-Fi assistant>Open port checker, you could test here to see all the opened ports on the Deco.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 361

Replies: 1