Connect to corporate VPN through Deco X20-4G via GlobalProtect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-13 16:26:21 - last edited 2023-06-15 09:48:43
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20210708 Rel. 64376

Hello to all of you,

It not possible to connect to my corporate VPN using GlobalProtect through my Deco X20-4G. Of course, without GlobalProtect (with a personal laptop or with my smartphone) there is absolutely no issue to reach the Internet via my Deco. 

On the professional laptop, the connection to GlobalProtect seems to be ok, but there is no data through the router. I have heard about "VPN pass-through" to activate but it seems this function is not yet customizable on Deco X20-4G, I cannot see this function neither on the app or in the portal among the others settings.

Some already basics information about what I've tried so far:

1. I'm operating the router in3G/4G Router mode. 
  2. See the screenshots attached for IP address. The Internet one's seems to be a public IP address. 
  3. I have done the switch to another device (a smartphone) with the exact same SIM card used in the Deco router. The device had been configured as hotspot. And here, the GlobalProtect VPN connection works perfectly

Thank to all of you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect to corporate VPN through Deco X20-4G via GlobalProtect-Solution
2022-05-16 11:50:41 - last edited 2023-06-15 09:48:43

@Apollonaute 

Thanks for the update.

In this way, I would like to like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from us.

Update: For other users with the same issue, please refer to Troubleshooting VPN Issues on Deco

Thank you.

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect to corporate VPN through Deco X20-4G via GlobalProtect
2022-05-16 08:29:20 - last edited 2022-05-16 08:30:12

@Apollonaute 

Welcome to the community.

In case there is any misunderstanding, could you please help me check the following details:

With GlobalProtect program installed on the laptops, after connecting to the Wi-Fi of Deco X20-4G, the VPN clients are unable to link to the corporate VPN server. But with the hotspot enabled on the smartphone that used the same SIM card as Deco X20-4G before, the VPN clients connected well to the server.

Is this the current issue you had?

Would there be any error message when you failed to link to the VPN server?

And I see you mentioned the professional laptop connected ok but "no data through the router", Do you mean even though the VPN connection had been created, you could still not access any internal files from the server?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Connect to corporate VPN through Deco X20-4G via GlobalProtect
2022-05-16 10:51:30

@David-TP 

You have perfectly understood the issue:

• SIM card used with Deco X20-4G, via WiFi connection, unable to reach the corporate network
  • Same SIM card used with smartphone with hotspot: no issue at all.

There is no particular "error message" (even in the log). Just that after connection of GlobalProtect (via Deco X20 I mean), when I mean "no data", it means there is no network reach at all. Neither the corporate "shared folders" but even the Internet (through the VPN I mean).

Options
Re:Connect to corporate VPN through Deco X20-4G via GlobalProtect-Solution
2022-05-16 11:50:41 - last edited 2023-06-15 09:48:43

@Apollonaute 

Thanks for the update.

In this way, I would like to like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from us.

Update: For other users with the same issue, please refer to Troubleshooting VPN Issues on Deco

Thank you.

best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 777

Replies: 3

Related Articles