No secure connection warning from Tp Link Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 03:36:51
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Ver 2.0

On my website, domain name https://nombresparafreefire.mx/ i whenever i try to open it via tp-link, it shows not secure connection. Why is it showing? Because when i open it through other than my home it perfects all fine.

Give me any quick and easy solution.

Best! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:No secure connection warning from Tp Link Connection
2022-05-18 09:32:31

Hello @Sophie7 

What is the model of the TP-Link device are you using? Is it Archer C50?

From my understanding, when you are seeing the “Not Secure” warning when visiting a website, that is because the website is not providing an encrypted connection, I don't think this is related to the router. You may confirm if you indeed typed in https as the prefix.

Options
Re:No secure connection warning from Tp Link Connection
2022-10-10 19:15:28
That CAN BE THE CASE, however in this instance it is because TP-Link is using a self-signed certificate issued to tplinkwifi.net. I would suggest adding one of the small ACME based SSL servers and at least allowing users to add and renew SSL certificates using their own domains or DDNS domains via the FREE OpenDNS, CertifyDNS or the well-known Let's Encrypt service. That or at least add a function so that I can request my own certificate & use a GUI (or even CLI) to replace the self-signed certificate & the issue with duplicatee certificate names that plague the AX6000 at times. Just sayin....
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 2