TP-Link Wireless Router C1200 v2.0 Random inactivity while Power Light still on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 09:17:33 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:57:42
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

Hello! Overall the Router seems to be working just fine. I do use wireless but I can not say whether it has any issues with it because my Wi-fi usage is not frequent, just few times a day for a short period. However I do use it constantly through a cables connected for 2 PCs at home.

The question I do have is that apparently in my case once every 2 weeks ( give or take ) The router C1200 v2.0 - 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU) It stops working, becomes Inactive but at the same time Power lights remains ON but all other lights are OFF. This continues for about 90-120 seconds ( give or take ) and then router starts working again. I noticed since that happened quite a few times already that even If i try to reboot with the button at the back, taking power off and on again etc., This remains : "Power lights remains ON ( Flashing as well)  but all other lights are OFF. This continues for about 90-120 seconds ( give or take ) ". It does not make any difference, router remains inactive with power light ON ( Flashing as well ) and all other light OFF no internet connection or any sign of life aside from the single Light ON. Rebooting or not this window of 2  minutes can't be skipped or anything. 

So my question is that some kind of self-sustainability process ( self-maintenance ) .. Could it be overheating? I have it sitting on top of 2 small wooden sticks placed left side and right side, there is 10mm air space between the bottom of the router and my desk  at all times so I think this should not be overheating issue.

If you have questions I can provide more info. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link Wireless Router C1200 v2.0 Random inactivity while Power Light still on-Solution
2022-05-17 06:57:37 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:57:42

Hello @Bobsyns 

As per your description, it seems the router auto reboots itself every 2 weeks ( give or take ), I would suggest you follow the troubleshooting suggestions we provided below to see if any will help:

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

If none helps, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement (if it is still in warranty):
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Wireless Router C1200 v2.0 Random inactivity while Power Light still on-Solution
2022-05-17 06:57:37 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:57:42

Hello @Bobsyns 

As per your description, it seems the router auto reboots itself every 2 weeks ( give or take ), I would suggest you follow the troubleshooting suggestions we provided below to see if any will help:

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

If none helps, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement (if it is still in warranty):
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 1

Related Articles