Archer T9UH connection to router/modem only 54Mbps receive (1300 Mbps transmit)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 14:30:17 - last edited 2022-05-17 14:33:14
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The Archer T9UH should be able to do at least 1300/162 Mbps (or 324?) right? But I can only get 1300/54. It doesnt say in the specification list on official site, only mentions transmit speed?

I can't find any other info that says its limits in this regard. I've spent countless hours troubleshooting over ther last couple of days. Drivers, websearching thing after thing, disconnecting all other wireless devices, configurations and options for this device and the router, nothing has helped. Maximum signal quality is indicated. I've tried different channels, auto and manual selections. etc etc. Im on win 10 pro.

But before I go replacing/firmware the router, I'd like to know if this is just the limit of this devices connection, 54Mbps receive/upload, even when at the full 1300Mbps transmit/download? This wouldnt make much sense to me and would be a shame because a faster recieve was the reason I bought this adapter, upgrading from a 433/54 adapter.

Also if anyone has advice on anything I havent tried it would be appreciated. Yes... I've turned it off and on again... many times lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T9UH connection to router/modem only 54Mbps receive (1300 Mbps transmit)
2022-05-23 12:18:23

Hello  @DragonOz

The real speed is always capped within the ISP bandwidth & Router real speed. 54Mbps is Wifi Link speed on 11g 2.4Ghz Wifi network and you could try some tips here 

• Change router 2.4Ghz to 805.11b/g/n mixed or 802.11n
  • Set Routrer 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz  Wi-Fi channel  width to 40Mhz & 80Mhz
  • Try test 5Ghz Wi-Fi which is ster 
  • Go to Network adapter Properties >Wireles Mode> set on Auto (by default) , or ajust to IEEE choose  802.11ac and test 5ghz speed. 
  • Disable other network adapter except for tp-link adapters

If still the same, may I know the wireless link speed and real speedtest result, do you get 54Mbps wifi link speed on the device? 

Here are some articles that helps explain the speed on the box, link speed and real speed. 

What do the speeds on a product box really mean?

Why isn’t my Wi-Fi as fast as advertised?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 1

Related Articles