AX73 keep restarting after upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 13:05:49
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

The router webpage said there is a new firmware so I press the button to upgrade. However, it keeps rebooting after upgarde, what to do???

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX73 keep restarting after upgrade
2022-05-26 02:20:49

Hello @Ohno 

Apart from the firmware upgrade, were you aware of any other changes in the network or modem? Who is your ISP, and what is the model of the modem, please?

It's suggested to go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread to review all the settings, then report back if the issue persists:

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-05-26 16:05:54 - last edited 2022-05-26 16:21:04

@Kevin_Z 

Bought the router for just 1 week and try to upgrade as suggested by the webpage of the router. What I get is all leds light up when power on then left only the power leds keep flashing for another 5 seconds. The problem keep repeating continouesly. I have no wifi connection and even I use wire to connect my PC to a port at back of the router still no connection....By the way, I have reset the router many time so no use

Options
2022-05-27 11:35:21

Hello @Ohno 

As per your description, it seems the router is bricked after the firmware upgrade but not rebooted automatically. Was there a power outage during the upgrade?

Please check if you can bring it back by the following:

1. Unplug the power adapter;

2. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the AX73;

3. Plug back in the power adapter when still holding the Wi-Fi button;

4. Set a static IP address on the computer which is in the same IP subnet as the router, such as 192.168.0.100.

5. Login to the web GUI of the router (192.168.0.1);

6. Upgrade the firmware manually.

7. Check if the router is running properly.

You can also follow this guide:

How to use webpage firmware recovery if the router become brick

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1019

Replies: 3

Related Articles