Main deco is disconnecting from the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 16:39:43

Hi

I have Deco X60 3 stations around my house.

The main unit is disconnecting from the router every day and as a result I do not have internet around the house.

Firmware is updated. 

All wrked perfrctly for 6 months and suddenly it befini to happen. Restart is solving it till next time... 

What should I do?

Thanks

Options
9 Reply
Re:Main deco is disconnecting from the internet
2022-05-26 02:38:13

@Ranibarhama 

Hi, will Deco turn red when the internet connection was disconnected?

If yes, please go back to Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPv4 and check whether you are still able to get an internet IP address.

And have you ever checked with the internet service provider to see if there is any change on their side?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-29 18:50:03

@David-TP 

yes it become red and no IP address. Main router of the internet company is working. Reboot botje is fixing it till next time. 

Options
2022-05-30 09:02:38

@Ranibarhama 

Thanks for the update.

May I know who is your internet service provider and the model number of your internet company?

Would it be possible to provide a picture of your network layout, such as?

And "Main router of the internet company is working", Do you connect a computer to the ISP router directly to check the connection?

Best regards.

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-30 13:51:21

@Ranibarhama 

Hi,

My internet provider is BEZEQ in Israel, and I have a fast internet connection based on an optic cable.

And "Main router of the internet company is working", Do you connect a computer to the ISP router directly to check the connection?

I did not connect anything to it - but when trying to use WIFI directly from the main router I have no problem - meaning that the problem is somewhere with the deco network I guess. TAHNKS!

Options
2022-06-09 20:56:22

I am having the same issue with Deco Xe5300's with Firmmware 1.1.5 (Build 20220429 Rel 1970) - everytime the cable modem looses connectivity or is rebooted.

The only way to recover is to manually disconnect the switch (and associated computers) from the deco and reset the cable modem. Resetting the cable modem with the equipment attached does not resolve. Resetting the Deco with the cables attached doesn't resolve the issue either.

Assuming that the Deco is bridging the DHCP Offer from the modem port (port 1) to the LAN port (port 2) and another device is reacting faster than the Deco and obtaining the 1 public IP address. Only way to get the Modem to release the MAC-to-IP binding is reloading the modem with only the Deco attached.

If I don't get a quick resolution, I am boxing them up and returning them!!

Options
2022-06-09 22:29:19
I was able to determine the source of my problem. A device on the LAN (attached to switch) was providing DHCP. When the Deco looses WAN connectivity, since it doesn't have a dedicated WAN port, it obtained an IP from the LAN based DHCP server instead of a Public Internet IP from the Cable Modem. Device should have a differentiation between LAN and WAN ports or at least a way to mark one as WAN.
Options
2022-06-10 02:20:39

@Moikey 

Thank you very much for the update.

The WAN/LAN auto-sensing protocol will not be changed in the short term, but there is already a plan to optimize the detection mechanism and make it smarter in different situations.

May I know the model number of your LAN device that is capable as a DHCP server?

We used to share a similar case about this issue here-Main Deco stays solid red after rebooting when working with Zmodo devices

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-12 20:02:39

@Moikey how did you resolve this? I suspect I may be experiencing the same issue.

Moikey wrote

I was able to determine the source of my problem. A device on the LAN (attached to switch) was providing DHCP. When the Deco looses WAN connectivity, since it doesn't have a dedicated WAN port, it obtained an IP from the LAN based DHCP server instead of a Public Internet IP from the Cable Modem. Device should have a differentiation between LAN and WAN ports or at least a way to mark one as WAN.

Options
2022-06-13 01:34:51

@Jas28 

Hi, May I know the model number of your LAN device that is capable of a DHCP server?

There is a workaround to fix the WAN port and you could have a look at the private message.

Thank you very much.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 9

Related Articles