Is the DECO X20 hw v1.20 an abandoned project???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-26 06:52:57 - last edited 2022-05-26 06:54:17
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50738

Hi,

Will there be any security/feature/bugfix updates or was this project completely abandoned? Did I buy a dud???

There were no updates since the day I bought them, which was more than a year ago.

Regardless of other posts complaining about the lack of wireless channel customizability, lack of proper logging, no DNS over TLS or HTTPS ( DoT, DoH) support, there are no updates being made whatsoever.

TP-Link - please do something, act like you care!!!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Is the DECO X20 hw v1.20 an abandoned project???
2022-05-27 07:21:57

@OverMyDadBody 

Thanks for your feedback.

It is not abandoned and there will be a firmware upgrade when a bug/flaw/vulnerability needs to be patched or some new features are added. 

Have you experienced any issues with the current firmware? It would help if you could share more details with us so that we can check if there is any workaround.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Is the DECO X20 hw v1.20 an abandoned project???
2022-05-27 14:38:57

@David-TP 

Hi, David, thank you fornyour response

Here are the current problems:

1 - no regular security updates

2 -  lack of wireless channel customizability: cannot manually select which wifi channels to use, and the automatic selection doesn't select the least congested ones

3 - lack of proper logging: cannot review what happens on the router, cannot troubleshoot when my devices cannot connect due to lack of logs

4 - no DNS over TLS or HTTPS ( DoT, DoH) support: cannot set up a secure dns solution without this feature

These are the problems I have experienced, and as I reviewed the forum, I am not alone with these problems but all the other threads were abruptly locked or just were left unanswered without a resolution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 210

Replies: 2

Related Articles